• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vacation Ideas

Niner National

So I was offered a new job on Friday and they would like me to start by August 1st.

I have over a week of vacation at my current job that I do not want to lose, so I need some vacation ideas for the last 10 days of July.

Domestic or abroad.

I will likely be traveling alone, so sitting on a beach somewhere is not really that attractive to me.

Budget is approx $1000, but flexible.

So I was offered a new job on Friday and they would like me to start by August 1st.

I have over a week of vacation at my current job that I do not want to lose, so I need some vacation ideas for the last 10 days of July.

Domestic or abroad.

I will likely be traveling alone, so sitting on a beach somewhere is not really that attractive to me.

Go to the mountains and chill for 5 days and use the last 5 days at home relaxing.

1K is not enough to really go anywhere, unless you don't mind staying in a shitty hotel.

A hotel is a place to sleep, not a destination. I'll sleep in a car if I have to. My brother and a buddy of his slept in their car sometimes when they road tripped across Europe for a month.

Domestic or abroad.

For a grand, you can pretty much forget about abroad.

If it were me, I would just get in the car and go until my money ran out. My favorite vacation of all time was when me and my wife got in the car, and hit several different places (Fredricksburg, DC, Gettysburg, New York) in about a week.

For a grand, you can pretty much forget about abroad.

If it were me, I would just get in the car and go until my money ran out. My favorite vacation of all time was when me and my wife got in the car, and hit several different places (Fredricksburg, DC, Gettysburg, New York) in about a week.

I live in DC, so I've already been to most of the places around here.

I can get a package to Costa Rica for a week, with a car, airfare, and hotel accommodations for approx. $750 after taxes.

I'd really like to go to Belize/Mexico as well, but afraid to do so with the cartel violence.

Archived