• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all this money flowing...

From what I've heard from Carolina beat writers and so forth, the team still has quite a bit of room left. If they wanted to go after a CB and WR, they could.

In the back of my mind I want to see us make it rain on Aso but I know thats not going to happen. I still would love to see that slug also know as Rex Ryan lose out on him.

I thought I saw something about a rule that new signings from free agency aren't allowed to show up and practice until next week sometime. I don't know if it still stands because it was the day the lockout ended and poo was switching around a lot that day.

Did some very rough maths with a lot of assumptions (rookies sign max contracts, unknown contracts are worth $750k this year, etc). With that in mind we have around $1M in cap room. Once Kalil is redone we should have around $8 mil in room. Now if we cut anyone (Brayton etc) we can get more room. (Please remember this is an estimation, without knowledge of the contract details, I can't get more accurate).

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlHEOwzZ2HVrdHVBMVBEVVhqOWNwTkUtNS1wQTZkcUE&hl=en_US

Did some very rough maths with a lot of assumptions (rookies sign max contracts, unknown contracts are worth $750k this year, etc). With that in mind we have around $1M in cap room. Once Kalil is redone we should have around $8 mil in room. Now if we cut anyone (Brayton etc) we can get more room. (Please remember this is an estimation, without knowledge of the contract details, I can't get more accurate).

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlHEOwzZ2HVrdHVBMVBEVVhqOWNwTkUtNS1wQTZkcUE&hl=en_US

Played a few tricks with the Johnson and Williams deals, hence why the signing bonus was so high. CJ will probably cost the team around 7 million this season.

Mare would probably be around 2 million for this season. Davis makes way more then Anderson, one of the reasons they haven't announced the contract details.

Kalil signed his tender early, before the lockout and I believe it was counted in that 73 million number.

Also don't forget about the 3 million cap exception, plus if the team cuts anyone they save the full amount of that players salary. "No cap hits on released players for this season"

Archived