• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tattoorhino's thoughts from practice tonight 8/10

tattoorhino

Fantastic update. Your posts are some of the best on the site. I was at camp last Wednesday and Godfrey and Martin both looked good. Pugh was being commended for his work by the ST coach.

The safeties looked a lot better than any of the DB's last Wed, but Gamble wasn't practicing and that was before we signed Cheavis Jackson. I am anxious to see how the DB's play against the NYG.

Also, I know Godfrey has taking a beaten here some, but he is extremely fast closing on the ball. He definitely flashed some last year and hopefully he can continue to build on that this year.

Thanks again

Godfrey takes a beating for no reason. He has been improving every year and last year probably played the best out of all our secondary (yes including gamble). However the prejudices when he was new continue to haunt him around here.

I am glad to hear that Armanti is still doing well. It will be real interesting to see how he responds in a game after getting hit. Seems like he doesn't have the deer in the head lights look and that is a good thing.

As much as I'm excited for what Cam is gonna bring to the table both this year and long-term...

I maybe even more excited about our defense. We already had talent but Fox didn't build a system that capitalized on what our guys do well. He forced them to do what his defense called for... I knew when we brought in Riv and then McD from Philly, our defense was gonna be aggressive, hard-nosed, and will dictate the offense, rather than let the offense dictate us.

I've been a huge fan of the Jim Johnson system FOREVER and put it up there with LeBeau's and Ryan's, any day.

I can't wait to see what our guys do, especially once we get Hardy back starting opposite CJ, with Norwood backing up. We're gonna be sending so many guys the offensive lines will just open up like Lindsay Lohan's nostrils at a coke snorting party.

SN: Followed some of the tweets, and I'm not too let down by Cam's poor showing tonight... It's expected that he'll have some huge highs and some low lows this season, but I expect the highs to be 10x better than the poor outings. BUT, good to hear Jimmy stepped up and actually threw it deep a little bit.

ASN: Tattoo, I thought by the title that you were about to deliver a sermon: "Notes from practice... TO - NIGHT - TAHHHH! *organ player*

i love hearing about Gaither's fire on the defense. this is something we've been missing for too long on that side of the ball

Not really, I can remember Stanley McClover doing the same thing. How did that turn out? I'm not interested in practice warriors, I'm more concerned with who performs when the lights are on, like Smitty said.

Oh and just an FYI, the best DT (Kris Jenkins) the panthers have ever had, sucked at practice.

I love you too big guy. Miss ya at camp.

Don't know what your plans are, but I'm going to dope up and try my best to be there on Monday, should be a productive practice after the first preseason game. My number is the same, let me know if you're going. It would be great to see you again and clog some arteries at Jimmy John's or the Beacon.

Godfrey takes a beating for no reason. He has been improving every year and last year probably played the best out of all our secondary (yes including gamble). However the prejudices when he was new continue to haunt him around here.

I'm a Godfrey fan and all the critisism he gets kills me. He is out of position some, but this is his third year with his third different DC after leaving Iowa as a CB. He's a hard hitting, fast kid who, with the right system can be a stud at S for us, IMO.

Not really, I can remember Stanley McClover doing the same thing. How did that turn out? I'm not interested in practice warriors, I'm more concerned with who performs when the lights are on, like Smitty said.

Oh and just an FYI, the best DT (Kris Jenkins) the panthers have ever had, sucked at practice.

funny how it has nothing to do with being a beast in practice, but what this shows is that he's encouraging the people on that side of the ball who are making plays. That's not a practice thing.

I'm a Godfrey fan and all the critisism he gets kills me. He is out of position some, but this is his third year with his third different DC after leaving Iowa as a CB. He's a hard hitting, fast kid who, with the right system can be a stud at S for us, IMO.

He had a much better season than previous ones last year after the first few games. I'm confident about our starting safety tandem, and think they can be possibly one of the most dominant in the league soon.

I think looking back and analyzing some of the stats we've seen since last season, Godfrey may have been getting a bad wrap as a result of playing on the same side as Marshall, who gave up way too much behind him in the zones or just flat out got beat.

:frown:

I am really hoping Gettis is gonna be ok.

On the flipside, I hope Jimmy makes the most of his PT on Saturday because the odds are stacked against him. Hate that people boo a kid who is only trying his best.

With that being said, I really hope this disorganized offense can get into the endzone...we all need a touchdown to talk about!

He had a much better season than previous ones last year after the first few games. I'm confident about our starting safety tandem, and think they can be possibly one of the most dominant in the league soon.

I think looking back and analyzing some of the stats we've seen since last season, Godfrey may have been getting a bad wrap as a result of playing on the same side as Marshall, who gave up way too much behind him in the zones or just flat out got beat.

Yeah, and a lot of problems in the secondary last year were due to only having one Charles Johnson. It's a whole other ball game when QB's actually face pressure and can't just step up in the pocket, sip their fresh brewed tea and eventually throw the ball downfield. I really think Rivera and McDermott are going to bring the best out of our personnel. Though I expect an ugly, inconsistent year I can genuinely say this is the most excited I've ever been.

It could all be for naught, but I'm all in.

funny how it has nothing to do with being a beast in practice, but what this shows is that he's encouraging the people on that side of the ball who are making plays. That's not a practice thing.

Yeah I guess you're right. The point I was trying to make though, is that I don't care for loud guys unless they can back it up in a game, but since he hasn't played a down for us yet, I'll just reserve all judgement.

Archived