• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tentative apology to Armanti Edwards

blackcatgrowl

Armanti,

Last season, when you were struggling to field a punt return, I was on the bandwagon to be down on you.

When you were dropping passes and looked like a deer in the headlights, I was down on you.

It was really hard to watch knowing we gave up some great picks to bring you in.

But man... your performance tonight was a 180 degree turn around... if you can keep this up well into the regular season... please accept my apology for writing you off too soon.

Your refocus and rededication to effort looks like it might pay dividends. We're watching you with a little more optimism. Keep up the good work.

He looked pretty good tonight and I would bet he'll continue to improve and contribute. Seems like a great guy and he's from my alma mater, so I'm rooting for him.

Why we traded up to get him where we did remains one of the greatest mysteries in the history of the NFL draft, though.

the lesson every fan needs to learn from this is not to be a knee-jerk buttplug about every "stupid" move that an experienced professional GM makes. every once in a while it turns out these guys have a better idea of what they're doing than we do.

the lesson every fan needs to learn from this is not to be a knee-jerk buttplug about every "stupid" move that an experienced professional GM makes. every once in a while it turns out these guys have a better idea of what they're doing than we do.

You might be jumping the gun. We've seen 1 pretty good preseason game. Also, to quote myself,

"Why we traded up to get him where we did remains one of the greatest mysteries in the history of the NFL draft, though."

Has this been solved?

You might be jumping the gun. We've seen 1 pretty good preseason game. Also, to quote myself,

"Why we traded up to get him where we did remains one of the greatest mysteries in the history of the NFL draft, though."

Has this been solved?

no decision is beyond question, and certainly not that one.

but the reaction was lemur-like.

and if armanti puts together a couple of good games and scores some TDs, those same lemurs will be scrambling back up the cliff and ...uh... hmmm

ok animal analogies suck. armanti is a boss and everyone should lol at the idiots who crucified him and hurney.

I love him as our punter returner. He looks so natural at it. I'm not yet sold on him as a receiver yet, although he did sit down in that zone pretty well, with that strike by Cam.

I was pleasantly surprised at how comortable he looked at WR. The "drop" I can forgive, with the DB under his arms - I think Andre Johnsnon makes that catch, but probably not DeShaun Jackson, for example. He also would've had a TD if Cam hadn't overshot him by 10 feet (by far Cam's worst throw of the night, unless I missed something and Armanti got jammed at the line).

no decision is beyond question, and certainly not that one.

but the reaction was lemur-like.

and if armanti puts together a couple of good games and scores some TDs, those same lemurs will be scrambling back up the cliff and ...uh... hmmm

ok animal analogies suck. armanti is a boss and everyone should lol at the idiots who crucified him and hurney.

I think the lemurs would still like their 2nd rounder back (as it was completely unnecessary to give up for Armanti, who we would've gotten anywhere in the draft), but I hear you, and I think he'll be pretty good too.

I think the lemurs would still like their 2nd rounder back (as it was completely unnecessary to give up for Armanti, who we would've gotten anywhere in the draft), but I hear you, and I think he'll be pretty good too.

Everyone seemed to be saying that the N.E. Patriots were going to take Armanti their next pick. Was that not the case.

Archived