• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would it take?

twylyght

Great, but so far I've been dead on and everyone else has been wishing and hoping.

Day after he was drafted I said he'd bring more embarrassment than production. Lucky guess, right?

I've watched a lot of football and even more people, I love to people watch, and they don't change with time. Jim would need literally a revamp of every aspect of his game to be successful from his height, throwing motion, the way his face looks, his family, everything.

There's a reason he was the #1 recruit in the country and couldn't get in to parties at his own high school.

Still aren't getting it....giving up.

I'm pretty much done with Pickles, yeah he looks a little better but just going by the eyeball test he fails. Honestly, watch the last game, look at him and look at Cam- not even close. Fug stats for a minute, just look at how the plays unfold. Yeah Cam is raw, needs work etc. but he's the best QB on the team right now

I don't think you have come to terms with the fact that the Panthers did not have a legitimate NFL team on the field last year. No coaching staff. Rookie QB. Rookie WRs. Busted O-Line.

Anyone with any sense will take Clausen's performance last season and just throw it out the window. It has zero relevance.

Those with an agenda however...

only b/c they had Jimmy Clausen on the field make life near impossible for not only the offense but the defenes as well.

fact remains the D was decent, running game was decent, and WRs were decent when Clausen was not on the field.

call it an agenda if you want....but Clausen wasn't drafted for Fox's offense nor was he drafted for Chuds. He doesn't fit....and that isn't an agenda.

You claim it was Fox.....then why did he have the same habits at ND? Only differnce is you can get away with things college that don't fly in the pros.

You also ignore that Fox has fieled competitive teams w/ weaker quarterbacks pending they remotely fit his scheme. Guys scared to stay in the pocket like Carr or Clausen......just don't work.

easy. 3 things.

1 - not bailing and looking scared w/ slight pressure in the pocket (consistantly). This is by far the most important for me. this is the main reason he sucks.

2 - actually looks to show confidence inside and out of the huddle

3 - his first actual TD to a WR

If he does that by preseason game 4......holla at me.

I think you nailed it. Number 1 specifically.

He needs to stay in the pocket and make some plays. Sometimes he is too safe. Take some risks, especially in the pre-season.

What if his performance last year matched his performances since he was a 9th grader?

The only difference is he didn't have clearly superior talent surrounding him?

How do you feel then?

2007: clearly weak talent around him at ND, poor season

2009: good talent, good season

2010: clearly weak talent around him with Panthers, poor season

2011: ??

Seriously enough with the bashing, he's on our team he's our qb for now. Quit being soo damn negative and see the obvious improvements clausen has made. I hated last season as much as any of you, but its the past let it go already.

The funny thing is most of the clausen haters now were riding his jock as soon as we drafted him. Most thought we "found" our franchise qb for a fraction of the price we have to pay for his salary. Just about everyone had him in their avatars and were pissed Moore got the start week 1 last season. Yea he hasn't lived up to his expectations, but why crucify him after 1 season.

I hated when we drafted him and was pissed when we drafted Newton, but none of that matters now or in the future, it happened its in the past get the fug over it smfh. Be a fan of the team like most of you post after ripping our players apart. A true fan doesn't hate any of the men wearing the uniform representing our team. You people make me sick, and to think we have a classy fanbase. Look in the mirror none of you negative pricks are any better than a falcon, steelers or even cowboys fan.

Archived