• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anderson Lucky?

Starscream

He has looked pretty good but keep in mind he had three or 4 series and has only produced points on one of them.

Not trying to take anything away from him. He has looked sharp. Doubt he overtakes anyone on the depth chart though.

Which still puts him ahead of the other two if you look at the entire preseason.

But no, he certainly shouldn't start, but its nice to know we might be ok if we get down to the number two/three.

He has looked pretty good but keep in mind he had three or 4 series and has only produced points on one of them.

Not trying to take anything away from him. He has looked sharp. Doubt he overtakes anyone on the depth chart though.

Pretty sure he has 2 scores now

It shouldn't surprise anyone that he is a better passing QB than Cam and Jimmy. The only debate if you start him how many more win does he give us? Do you hinder Cams development to get two more wins? Does that even get us to the playoffs?

Having Cam sit and watch the game from the sidelines for a year CAN be benificial...Has worked out for several QB's.

Hell yes Anderson is lucky! He gets paid more in the next year than I will likely makes in the next 10 years to sit on the bench and answer questions about the system.

That goes for most NFL players. I'm a teacher, so even the worst NFL player makes a killing compared to me.:(

Anderson give us the best chance to win. The question becomes, are we wanting to win this year or be a winner for years to come. We have to roll the dice with Cam to decide what gives him the best chance to succeed. Does that mean let him set this year or let him start with OJT this year and probably a losing season. I don't get paid enough to make those decisions, but I feel Anderson is our best chance to win this season.

I was saying for a while we might do better to let Anderson start. Yet he kind of surprised me tonight. I would argue he should definitely be the starter, but Cam looked pretty good tonight as well. He has the stronger arm and he has the ability to run for great distances. Cam just have way more intangibles than Anderson. So I want to see what the rook can do!

Having Cam sit and watch the game from the sidelines for a year CAN be benificial...Has worked out for several QB's.

I agree, not because I think Cam is hopeless, but our defense appears to be, and he's going to be put in some really bad spots if we start him right away. I was a proponent of letting him get in there and learn on the job, but I thought we had a serviceable defense to help keep games under control, and clearly that is not the case.

I'm also beginning to think we kept Anderson basically invisible during our first 3 preseason games was because we presumptively settled on Cam as our starter from the day we drafted him and didn't want to cloud the decision with competent play from an alternative QB - and the Clausen/Cam "competion" was a bit of a pretext.

Before anyone calls me a Cam hater, let me just say I was all in favor of starting Newton three weeks ago, and still think he can start games for us this year, but I had waaaay overestimated the kind of support he's going to get, particularly on defense, and it could turn ugly fast.

I still think the smart thing to do would be to start Anderson, and develop a red zone scheme that utilizes Cam's talents. Anderson can move the ball just fine between the 20's but has bogged down in the red zone in the past at times. Anderson will give the team a deep threat at all times, and if Cam comes in for red zone play it could give opposing teams fits. It'd potentially be a way to keep both QBs involved and developing. Cam's got the greater upside, but it might be a bit before he's ready to successfully run an NFL team full time.

Archived