• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers release Lucas

Car123

ok Fiz, chill out. Lucas may not be worth the money he was due this year but he was never a terrible corner.

kindly point out where i said he was terrible

He gave up a few long plays this year but when the opposing QB has 4.5 minutes to thorw, who wouldn't?

he only needed about a second to get beat off the line.

Lucas has been nothing but quiet and having a perfect attiute during his stay here.

lucas has been hated on the team since 2006.

He honestly could not have handled the Steve Smith situation any better. He didn't speak up a bit and just forgave him. unless u expected him to get up smile and laughing after it.

he handled getting punched in the nose perfectly. you don't think he could have handled the situation between the two of them better leading up to it, or do you believe that incident came out of nowhere?

Hard to believe, with so many teams needing corner help that someone wouldn't have stepped up and given a 7th rounder for him. He isn't a top tier corner, but he is a starting caliber corner.

No one offered because they knew we would cut him.

No one offered because they knew we would cut him.

Yeah, when we started dealing him around and he nixed the Detroit deal himself, they knew. I really expect he will find a team in pretty short order, (maybe not at the level we were paying, but still)...

Yeah, when we started dealing him around and he nixed the Detroit deal himself, they knew. I really expect he will find a team in pretty short order, (maybe not at the level we were paying, but still)...

Depends on how much his salary expectations are.

However, the fact that he nixed the Lions deal that would have guaranteed him a big salary in 2009 makes me believe money is not his primary objective.

this might be just passed off by some as blatant gossiping by me, and it is, but i've heard this from two players and a trainer.

lucas is gayer than a damn macy's day float. his idea of practical jokes is to hit on guys in the shower. some of them don't care, some of the brush it off, and some of them are rabidly homophobic...like steve smith!

of course lucas thought it was hilarious to make smith so uncomfortable, so he kept doing it.

when smith beat the poo out of him, that wasn't just what happened on the field. everyone knew what was coming, had told him to stop, and he just kept on keeping on. smith snapped on the field, but only they know what officially broke the camel's back.

also in 2005 they apparently got into a big fight in the locker room over something too that never got reported.

he handled getting punched in the nose perfectly. you don't think he could have handled the situation between the two of them better leading up to it, or do you believe that incident came out of nowhere?

It doesn't matter what happend leading up to it. Smith is my all time favorite player in the NFL but honestly, you think he needs much to go off? Wasn't the reason he kicked a texan in the facemask because he hung on to him to long after a tackle? Didn't he have a lil incident during a film session a few years back because his teammate "cracked jokes during a smith catch" while they were watching film? Didn't Smith get in trouble for harassing a ref in high school after the ref made a comment about Smith talking during the nation anthem? Come on you think it takes alot to get Smith pissed? Sometimes I love that about him, but not those moments of course. You bring that punch in the face to any other locker room in the NFL and see what happens. ou think Oakland or Dallas would have handled it just as well? So yes, Lucas handled it as perfectly as possible.

lucas has been hated on the team since 2006.

rly? i never knew that..

i remember lucas draped all over Moose when he was beat downfield and Delhomme yelled down the field "stop doin that chicken sh*t stuff!!!" during training camp.. and then obviously the Smitty incident..

do you have any other evidence

It doesn't matter what happend leading up to it. Smith is my all time favorite player in the NFL but honestly, you think he needs much to go off? Wasn't the reason he kicked a texan in the facemask because he hung on to him to long after a tackle?

steve has a lot of aggression problems stemming from him youth.

through INTENSE counseling, marrying a woman who fuging keeps him in line, having children, and the support of specifically jerry richardson and john kasay, he's become a lot better.

like i stated above, lucas basically has been sticking his hand in the dog cage since 06.

Wasn't the reason he kicked a texan in the facemask because he hung on to him to long after a tackle? Didn't he have a lil incident during a film session a few years back because his teammate "cracked jokes during a smith catch" while they were watching film? Didn't Smith get in trouble for harassing a ref in high school after the ref made a comment about Smith talking during the nation anthem?

he started counseling after the anthony bright incident.

also i don't know what in the hell you're referring to about kicking someone's facemask, but if you mean to tell me him reacting angrily to a DB holding on to him for too long is unique to steve smith, i'd like to invite you to ANY OTHER NFL GAME

I know he has. Watching him not explode during the Cardinals game actually made me feel a lil better. He's gotten alot better. But the point is, you still can't hear about a Smith controversy and think for a second that it wasn't a lil bit over blown by Smith. What was Lucas crackin jokes bout Smith's wife during that last corner-post route Smith was running? I dont think so

One of my favorites.

Good Luck Ken, you were one of the good guys.

Stay out of the division tho, thanks :)

Now We have some cap room :P

Are you kidding me Ken Lucas was terrible from day one!!

He was scared to come up to the line to make a play on the run, and he consistently got burned deep!!

GOOD FREAKING RIDDANCE YOU BUM!!!!

Archived