• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's Everyone's Careers up in herree?

davos

Currently a senior in college pursuing a Political Science major with a completed minor in German.

Next year, the plan is to pursue a masters degree in International Relations, Public Policy, or Foreign affairs on the West Coast.

After that, ideally I would like to work for the CIA or FBI or some sort of homeland security position to keep us all safe. Then again, with the German minor, I could see myself in Europe representing our federal government.

Just graduated from LSU with my B.S. in Sports Administration..moved back home to NC for a week until I moved to Louisville, KY. I am currently a grad student in Sports Administration here at Univ. of Louisville ('13).

I'm only 22 so my experience is limited, but I did intern with Bruton Smith's Charity at Charlotte Motor Speedway this summer. Even though I was the charity's intern I did stuff for all departments.

My career goal is obviously to get involved in either collegiate or professional athletics, not sure which area yet. I have waited tables for years in highschool and college, so I have tons of customer service experience. That experience, plus school, would lead me towards community relations for a school or pro tream...which could lead to bigger and better things if I continue to develop, make connections, etc. I don't want to settle or short myself by committing to one area of specialty. I am going to try and move up as far as I can, where that is, I'm not sure.

Edit: I am currently doing research for my research methods class about the competitive balance of the current financial models of the MLB and NFL...this process has really peaked my interest in collective bargaining, anti-trust, etc. This has given me the crazy idea to go to law school for sports law. So who knows.

I have a masters degree in History btw, I forgot to mention that. Not related to anything I've ever done for work though.

I got by ba in history with a minor in business. not related at all to any of the temp jobs ive had out of college for the last year or the finance job I just got with the consulting company. I feel many companies over look that degree, regardless of the critical business skills it emphasizes.

I got by ba in history with a minor in business. not related at all to any of the temp jobs ive had out of college for the last year or the finance job I just got with the consulting company. I feel many companies over look that degree, regardless of the critical business skills it emphasizes.

Yeah, more often than not, the actual focus of the degree isn't really important, just the fact that you have a degree.

What's your career field/specialty? Aircraft Maintenance/Crew Chief

What are you actually doing? All systems qualified so part of aircrew flying around the world. In this last two weeks i've been to Germany, Afghanistan, Diego Garcia, Australia, Thailand and Okinawa...get some.

What do you want to do if its not your current shtick? High school history teacher

Archived