• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just hang in there...

Zod

May not be much newswise, but the Panthers did have an individual workout of a college player. Per KFFL, they worked out FS Eric Johnson of William Jewell College.

Word has been that the Panthers were hoping to stockpile draft picks. Sadly, part of that strategy was a Lucas trade that didn't pan out.

There is still the hope of the Peppers trade, though I think no one should be on the edge of their seat for that one till it gets closer to draft day.

The annual league-wide free agency slowdown will come soon as teams begin to focus more on the draft. Thus, the dearth of news will be hitting everyone, not just us.

Best chance for news is likely the team snagging one of its own free agents like Mark Jones or Jason Kyle, but even those might be a while. There's also the possibility of a veteran pickup like Dwayne Robertson or Torry Holt.

Given that Robertson is one of the few names we've heard connected to the Panthers, I fear everyone will melt down if he signs elsewhere.

i wonder if this means they are going to go FS in the draft at some point. kind of puzzling. it isn't the only time this offseason they have paid close attention to FS potentials.

I have been snowmachining to stay busy.....

I addmit though, I will be excited about Panther football in the fall, but right now we are a team with no defense and Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde as our QB, and our coach is too damn stupid to run the ball when poo starts to go downhill.

The Panthers have done well of taking a lot of the excitement out of it, thats for sure. Every Panther conversation I have had since the playoffs was coated with SHAME.

The Panthers have always been good at that though; "building fans up and then slamming us face first in the ground"....

they dont like Godfrey???

I bet Godfrey moves to CB and we draft a FS. He played CB in college, and Marshall is not a starter. He got killed everytime he was on the field. He is a great speacial teamer, and a good player, but not a starting NFL CB just my opinion though.

they dont like Godfrey???

I bet Godfrey moves to CB and we draft a FS. He played CB in college, and Marshall is not a starter. He got killed everytime he was on the field. He is a great speacial teamer, and a good player, but not a starting NFL CB just my opinion though.

this is a possibility.

i'm not nuts about moving him around and love the potential that he has at FS but if we can find better options at FS and if he would make a great CB then make the move.

Possibility, though admittedly the "position switch" thing didn't go so well for Thomas Davis.

For the record, KFFL lists him as a free safety but his college page has him at strong safety.

Could be they're looking for another Jarrod Cooper.

Even if they keep Godfrey at FS, and draft a FS, it's never a bad thing to have good competition. That along with a decent backup.

Two young safeties with potential not too bad IMO.

i would rather see that attention paid to the dline but it isn't a horrible idea.

i would rather see that attention paid to the dline but it isn't a horrible idea.

Me too but you can't just make the talent you want at DLINE appear. If it isn't there it isn't there, nothing we say or want can just make someone we are looking for appear.

Not that it is or isn't there, but I see too many people just assuming that because we need some DLINE that we just arbitrarily pick someone no matter what just because we need it.(or that we can't look at ANYTHING else)

That guy is probably going to be a pretty late pick anyway.

Archived