• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peppers and Cutler some thoughts

BlindSite

:confused:

They would probably picked Cutler.

Also would have probably have picked:

Reggie Bush over Mario Williams. Or Drew Henson was far better than Tom Brady. Or too many other stuff to mention.. Fans know everything :rofl:

Your speaking pre-draft, not present (better answer)

Peyton Hillis come here

I know you're a white fullback masquerading as a RB, but as someone who's never played the position I WANT YOU TO GIVE ME 110% PERCENT!!!!!!!

COME HERE MARQUAND MANUEL AND MARLON MCREE! ITS ME YOUR QUARTERBACK!

Now I know we're never on the field at the same time, and I'll hardly ever have a chance to speak to you, and almost no QB in the league would have the balls to tell his safeties how to do their job, and I know that neither of you should be starting, but YOU HAVE GOT TO STEP UP! I AM A LEADER! I AM THE QB! YOU MUST PLAY HARDER! STRONG SIDE WEAK SIDE! OOOOORRRAH!

Exactly lol

Talking to these guys, you'd think all Jake had to do was just go be a true leader and speak up, and our defense would have righted itself last year.

Hell why didn't Jake tell the defense to actually cover Fitz?

I guess those things only apply to Cutler?

hey kindly point out where anyone did that?

oh wait no one did that with jake shut up

Yeah Cutler lost all those games by himself rofl.

He threw five interceptions in every one too.

Shut up AK you've proven time and time again you know nothing about football or anything else.

Cutler also never threw five interceptions in any of those losses. Now do you think Jake lost the Arizona game? No? Then shut up about Cutler.

He may not be our biggest need but I'd take him over the Patriot's second rounder any day.

There ya go. I won't even tell you to shut up.

Pittsburgh: Immature QB (motorcycle helmet anyone?), turd WR (Santonio), dirty player as a leader (Ward).

NE: WR takes plays off and has serious character flaws (Moss). Dirty player (Harrison). Coaching staff with serious ethical issues.

NYG: Turd TE and WR (then at least). RB with serious legal problems (WR too). Pouty QB with questionable leadership skills.

You don't get to the top by always being nice.

I won't even tell you to shut up.

Because you'd look even more idiotic than you do currently. Like I said at the top of this page, I wasn't using that game to make an argument against Jake. I was using it to point out how it's hypocritical to say Cutler should have won three games by himself when his defense gave up 30, 30, and 52 points, but then turn around and say "Oh Jake didn't do anything wrong, it was all the defense's fault for losing the Arizona game." np.

Pittsburgh: Immature QB (motorcycle helmet anyone?), turd WR (Santonio), dirty player as a leader (Ward).

NE: WR takes plays off and has serious character flaws (Moss). Dirty player (Harrison). Coaching staff with serious ethical issues.

NYG: Turd TE and WR (then at least). RB with serious legal problems (WR too). Pouty QB with questionable leadership skills.

You don't get to the top by always being nice.

Damn right, and I think its about time we started to not.

It might be good to remember that while Jake was posting a quarterback rating of 105 over the last 3 games the Panthers were giving up well over 30 points a game to everyone but Denver for close to last in the league. Meanwhile Cutler had a passer rating in the mid 70s while Denver was giving up about the same number of points. If the defense was Cutler's problem and a reason they lost, then why did Jake only get better despite the defense getting worse. I seem to remember Jake leading us down the feld against NO to secure the division win after the defense surrendered a ton of points in the fourth quarter to fall behind. Correct me if I am wrong but Cutler didn't do anything close to that now did he?

Denver scored 10 points against us, 23 against Buffalo and 21 against San Diego. Maybe a big part of the defensive lapse was due to a lack of offense and ball control. Against SD they lost the time of possession by 13 minutes and Cutler threw 2 picks. Against Buffalo they had 532 yards but were only 2 of 6 in redzone opportunities. Cutler threw for 359 yards but in the fourth quarter couldn't get it done. He got lots of yards between the thirties when it doesn't count.

And how about against us? Anyone want to guess who the better quarterback was when Denver loaded the box and dared Delhomme to beat them. Yeah while Cutler had 172 yards and a rating in the 70s, Jake had 253 and a rating in the 90s. Oh that is right it was the defense that lost it for them. And our defense that was so good against Denver then gave up 30 plus points to the Giants and NO. Couldn't be that Cutler isn't as good as people think and can be shut down even by the likes of Trgo.

I hear where you're coming from but in this thread I've only heard the word "intangibles" mentioned about Cutler (by Blindsite).

The intangibles of either is the success of their respective teams. The tangibles are easy, they're called stats. Cutler wins. But when you add teammates, coaching, schedules, et al into the mix you get the "in".

Would Cutler perform better with the Panthers than Jake? Would Jake have taken the Bronco's to the playoffs? It's all Madden as far as I'm concerned, but as a Panther fan I'm happy to be on the Delhomme side of the argument for now.

well as people are talking about Cutler one of their "knocks" on him is his lack of intangibles, something that Delhomme is widely known to be rich in. I don't think a W/L ratio is something we can really fairly judge both players on because for their overall careers, Delhomme has had a much better defense than Cutler. Cutler's had to play on the same defense which gave up an average point total of 425 or something like that the past two years. I don't know whether people realize it or not but 5 of Denver's 8 wins were decided by less than 7 points, so Cutler's helped them win a few close games, some of them ones where the defense just let the opponent get a boatload of points. Then 6 of their losses were decided by more than 7 points.

Also, Cutler's won an additional 4 games in 2007 by less than 7 points. 2007, he was 4-2 in games decided by less than 7 points. So I don't understand where people are getting the impression that he lacks the leadership skills or the intangibles. The Denver defense gets blown out A LOT in recent years.

The fact of the matter is Cutler only threw more interceptions than Delhomme because he threw the ball over 200 more times. I don't think that Delhomme could hold up throwing the ball 616 times in a season. Maybe his arm would get tired and it would affect his throws like it did Favre.

WHO CARES WHAT HIS SEASON STATS ARE LOOK AT THESE THREE SPECIFIC GAMES THAT PROVE MY POINT HA HA HA HA HA

THERE IS NO WAY CUTLER COULD THRIVE IN CAROLINA WITH OUR SUPERIOR WRs, OFFENSIVE LINE AND RUNNING BACKS NONE AT ALL

Ok, You think that our wr's are better then there's???? what about te's???? I got smith, then way back from him is Moose ( I like Moose, but he isn't exactly a top tier Wr anymore.) Jarrett after that..............King, Rosario, Barnidge.

Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley and Scheffler at TE. (they've added to that this off season by adding Jabar Gaffney.)

I give you the top with Smith and that's by a small margin over Marshall, after that they have us all the way.

Now I never said that Jake was a better QB, I just said he was a better fit in Carolina. Which he is, he's a fox guy. Cutler isn't the fox type, he's a me first player with Issues. (we don't deal with Issue players unless there name is Steve Smith.) Who by the way says is his QB. That's who he want's as his QB as well apparently too.

Archived