• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Nfl.com predicting Cam Newton Gets

The Saltman

Pressure hasn't exactly worked against Cam in the past.

Well, it's been the most effective way of forcing him into uncomfortable positions or less than favorable outcomes. One of the picks against GB was because he threw off his backfoot as someone was coming up the middle.

Also, several of the sacks in the Arizona game, as well as GB, happened because they sent extra guys and he usually got caught after he broke the pocket.

IMO, they will get trashed if they don't bring pressure and bring it often. He knows what he's looking at and it's much easier to make decisions with less pressure and more time.

Woah there! Not only is that an unreasonable expectation for Cam in his third start, but I'd say that is an unreasonable "prediction" for even Tom Brady. Chances are, if we get ahead by 14 in the first half then it will be time to work on the running game for this team. In the long term interest of this team, I'd like to see enough successful running plays that getting 500 passing yards is not even possible... And clearly, I'm Cam all the way.

With our depleted defense, we better have some long sustained drives. I'm not as confident about this game as the rest of you guys.
our defense has been playing pretty good actually. Yes, davis is now done for the season, along with beason...but that is what quality depth is for.

I'm also confident that our offense can produce more than the jags.

So a shootout with them, doesn't scare me.

As a panther fan from the start, i love seeing this team finally get some attention. The one thing that amazes me is the complete 180 from the media at large on newton. A month ago newton was a "project" who was "not nfl ready.". He was "an athlete not a quarterback."

Now he is the breakout star of the season. It is amazing how fast everything turned. He only need two games to silence everyone, and whats crazy is that a lot of coaches wouldnt have even given him the chance.

Archived