• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For a secondary that was doubted....

CPF4LIFE

We currently have the best pass defense in our division, top 15 in the NFL. I know its 3 games but its a great start, and im bringing this up because i was just watching 1st Take and the question was who would you take as a QB, Cutler or Cam? (since they play this week) and Skip said Cutler because we had the worst Pass D in the NFL which was false because i just looked it up, LOL. (Skips a Cutler lover so he lost more respect on that).

But im real proud of our boys tho. Keep it up.

nonsense, the Panthers are godlike and you better hope your precious Eagles stay away from us or Cam will play defense just to break Vick in half!!!!

after 3 games I think rankings and stats are totally worthless at that level, because it's influenced far too much by opponents, game conditions (as pointed out above) etc.

I do think our pass defense's biggest weakness is the occasional blown coverage that leads to huge plays, but otherwise it's improving. Still a young group of guys in a new system with a lot of room to go, but right now, they are still a major work in progress...

also, maybe I'm a pessimist but I would take Cutler vs Panthers D over Cam vs Bears D, but I think this will be a hard fought game.

U can easily say Skip is right considering the Panthers have had the least passing plays against them so far while giving up the most total yards per pass attempt. So no team gives up more yards per pass attempt than the Panthers currently, but don't let facts get in the way. Sorry for the buzzkill.

Their pass defense clearly isn't top 15, but it's not dead last. They've given up some big plays(the Jeff King broken coverage TD, the Jordy Nelson TD, Greg Jennings, etc) but for the most part they've been pretty solid. Mid 20's is where I'd rank it. There are much worse teams.

oh well, at least our star corner didn't get bent over by the super star we all know as Victor Cruz ;)

Their pass defense clearly isn't top 15, but it's not dead last. They've given up some big plays(the Jeff King broken coverage TD, the Jordy Nelson TD, Greg Jennings, etc) but for the most part they've been pretty solid. Mid 20's is where I'd rank it. There are much worse teams.

oh well, at least our star corner didn't get bent over by the super star we all know as Victor Cruz ;)

Mid twenties is bad...

The defense has been aggressive and has given up big plays as a result. If we can find a nickel and get Pugh off the field or he grows more I think we can get better. I give a lot of credit to Gamble and Munnerlyn though.

Archived