• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For a secondary that was doubted....

CPF4LIFE

U can easily say Skip is right considering the Panthers have had the least passing plays against them so far while giving up the most total yards per pass attempt. So no team gives up more yards per pass attempt than the Panthers currently, but don't let facts get in the way. Sorry for the buzzkill.

A lot of those yards on blown coverages and in chunks. Yes it is a part of the overall D and has to get corrected but overall I too am pleasantly surprised so far.

The monsoon that was the Jags game combined with their terrible WR's skews those statistics after 3 games. Gamble will more or less be able to contain most #1 receivers, but the rest of our DB's seems to be mediocre and coverage and better-than-average and response, tackling, and pass-deflection. When Hogan comes in he should help some. I see this Pass D finishing somewhere around 15-25, and the D overall somewhere in the middle.

We shut down the best receiver in the game, week 1.

Week 2, we did far better containing their receivers, than anybody thought we could.

Out secondary is playing very well.

It's the blitz's not getting home (getting to the qb) effectively enough, that is killing our pass defense.

Kinda shocked no one else has mentioned it yet.

Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. It's a double edge sword.

nonsense, the Panthers are godlike and you better hope your precious Eagles stay away from us or Cam will play defense just to break Vick in half!!!!

after 3 games I think rankings and stats are totally worthless at that level, because it's influenced far too much by opponents, game conditions (as pointed out above) etc.

I do think our pass defense's biggest weakness is the occasional blown coverage that leads to huge plays, but otherwise it's improving. Still a young group of guys in a new system with a lot of room to go, but right now, they are still a major work in progress...

also, maybe I'm a pessimist but I would take Cutler vs Panthers D over Cam vs Bears D, but I think this will be a hard fought game.

I dont consider Gamble Godfrey or even Martin any more as young players. They have spent enough time in this league to understand when they have help over the top or if they are the help and to not let WRs run past. Blown coverages need to be cleaned up yesterday.

We shut down the best receiver in the game, week 1.

Week 2, we did far better containing their receivers, than anybody thought we could.

Out secondary is playing very well.

It's the blitz's not getting home (getting to the qb) effectively enough, that is killing our pass defense.

Kinda shocked no one else has mentioned it yet.

Live by the blitz, die by the blitz. It's a double edge sword.

If I remember correctly, we were blown out of the water in week 2 according to the prognosticators here....To the tune of 40+. The only reason they reached 30 was blown red-zone chances by the Panthers.

U can easily say Skip is right considering the Panthers have had the least passing plays against them so far while giving up the most total yards per pass attempt. So no team gives up more yards per pass attempt than the Panthers currently, but don't let facts get in the way. Sorry for the buzzkill.

It doesn't take facts...just watch the damn games....our secondary gets torched and run over almost every passing play....look at the Jags TD....they should all be cut and their NFL cards revoked.....they should not be allowed to play football in North America....they should have to serve time on a crab fishing boat so they could learn how to catch something.....we would probably be better off lining up 2 extra LBs and DLs and removing our current DBs from the field.....OUR SECONDARY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention they SUCK!!!

They lost us the Arizona game on a 60 yard slant!!!!

They lost us Green Bay game looking in the wrong direction while the receiver ran a simple post a caught another 60 yard TD!!!

They almost lost us the Jags game when they gave up a 50 yard Hail Mary that fell 10 yards short of the end zone with no time left...then the WR trucked our DB!!!!

Close this thread down please...

Archived