• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What the fuck is wrong with people in general

DoWorkBson

Since when do youth fundraisers consist of "begging" on a corner??? What kind of entitlement are we teaching. I just passed a bunch of football players at an intersection with buckets asking for money. Not working for it or doing any service or fundraiser to earn it. Just begging for it. Im ashamed of the type of people our country has produced, its disgusting.

Since when do youth fundraisers consist of "begging" on a corner??? What kind of entitlement are we teaching. I just passed a bunch of football players at an intersection with buckets asking for money. Not working for it or doing any service or fundraiser to earn it. Just begging for it. Im ashamed of the type of people our country has produced, its disgusting.

What are you talking about? They are being prepared for their futures.

My dad did this with his youth football teams in the seventies. Its not all fun and games - the kids have to wear uniforms and stand out there for a long time (kids are not really designed to do this all that well). The kids give up one full day instead of a weeks long sales drive, they don't have to bug all their relatives or go door to door selling crappy candy or magazines, and it all works out.

They made so much money that the church my dad coached for decided they needed to share the money because so many people contributed to them because people just love football. He decided to quit and take the program to the Boys Club where they didn't have to raise money that way anymore.

Archived