• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

panthers D getting ready to run....a lot

rayzor

Actually, I would be fine with that too. The problem is that there are only so many DC's that have mastered the art of blitzing to the level of a Jim Johnson or a Dick Lebeau, and it took those guys years to get to that level.

yea but if i rem right there was a young guy on the philly staff every one was talking about he prob has learned under jim johnson and knows a thing or two about blitzing.but i know fox wants the veteran over somebody new with a diff style to run the def

According to most huddlers, Fox was meddling like crazy with the offense when it wasn't working very well. I can't even begin to count how many times people here suggested that Fox was holding Davidson back in 07. It's funny how that works.

I'm going to go on a limb and say most of that was due to the fact that Delhomme was injured early in the season, because before that we were doing pretty ok on offense for the most part.

I guess that is the pattern. When it isn't working well it is because Fox is meddling with it and screwing it all up. But then when it works it's because he had nothing to do with it. So if Meeks improves the defense it will be because of Meeks and have nothing to do with Fox. And if it sucks, it will be fox's fault for holding Meeks back.

Consistency is the problem, and we have changed almost all of the coaching personnel at one time or another over the last seven years save for one person.

I wonder why people under Fox don't get these good offers/HC offers, oh yea, it's probably because no one wants his fugin people.(he mainly picks up other peoples people anyway)

Del Rio spent one whole year here, and he's a average HC at best.

I guess it really boils down to if they want this team to be consistent contenders, or are they fine with every other year or two.

I'm sure they see the success their team has brought, as was posted a few months ago(the Panthers team is pretty darn successful as far as a business goes).

So maybe people want the team to increase its ambitions, to be on par with its financial success.

I think JR's attention was at least grabbed, by what was going on before last year, and I'm not so sure the Richardsons are going to settle anymore. You can only give someone so long, like Jake won't be the QB forever, Fox won't be the coach forever.

Whoevers fault it is or was, is IMO soon to become moot, if we don't continue to post winning records, I think a whole change will come.

Consistency is the problem, and we have changed almost all of the coaching personnel at one time or another over the last seven years save for one person.

I wonder why people under Fox don't get these good offers/HC offers, oh yea, it's probably because no one wants his fugin people.(he mainly picks up other peoples people anyway)

Del Rio spent one whole year here, and he's a average HC at best.

I guess it really boils down to if they want this team to be consistent contenders, or are they fine with every other year or two.

I'm sure they see the success their team has brought, as was posted a few months ago(the Panthers team is pretty darn successful as far as a business goes).

So maybe people want the team to increase its ambitions, to be on par with its financial success.

I think JR's attention was at least grabbed, by what was going on before last year, and I'm not so sure the Richardsons are going to settle anymore. You can only give someone so long, like Jake won't be the QB forever, Fox won't be the coach forever.

Whoevers fault it is or was, is IMO soon to become moot, if we don't continue to post winning records, I think a whole change will come.

a lot of people off the old staff got promotions..as OC and DC

a lot of people off the old staff got promotions..as OC and DC

Turd= Dline coach for packers =demotion

Sal= LB coach for ALABAMA=demotion

Tim= CB coach for Seattle=same

Our old QB coach is a OC now with the Broncos though.

Our old LB coach is DC for the Rams.

It breaks even, but is hardly impressive. Our LB coach becoming a DC is the only one of the upgrades that even makes sense, because our LB corps has been good for awhile.

It breaks even, but is hardly impressive. Our LB coach becoming a DC is the only one of the upgrades that even makes sense, because our LB corps has been good for awhile.

He just wanted to get back into college ball, so I think that one is a break even for him.

He just wanted to get back into college ball, so I think that one is a break even for him.

Or his line sucked, and has diminished in it's effectiveness and he is going to try to rebuild a resume so he can land a good job.(higher paying at least)

Knowing/being friends with Saban helps, so its not a bad situation by any means, but no need to sugar coat it, he couldn't have gotten an NFL job.

Or his line sucked, and has diminished in it's effectiveness and he is going to try to rebuild a resume so he can land a good job.(higher paying at least)

Knowing/being friends with Saban helps, so its not a bad situation by any means, but no need to sugar coat it, he couldn't have gotten an NFL job.

Wasn't trying to sugar coat it, its the truth. Sal loved College ball and wanted to get back in the college game. He might not have been able to get another NFL job, but we did offer him an extension.

Wasn't trying to sugar coat it, its the truth. Sal loved College ball and wanted to get back in the college game. He might not have been able to get another NFL job, but we did offer him an extension.

Yea we offered Turg and extension too :ack2:

i'm not sure the extensions offered were all that appealing. it was a polite way of saying "we only want you around as much as we want polio"

a person making $100,000 a year finishes his contract with you and you tell them, "feel free to find another job." they don't get the hint and say, "no...that's alright. i'd like to stay." you tell them, "awesome. here's a new contract for $50,000. welcome back." they respond by saying, "you know...actually i have this old friend who just asked me to help him out with a new project he is undertaking. maybe i should do that."

they go to a place where they wanted and you get what you wanted all along...a clean slate and a chance to get someone who might not suck. you did all that without having to fire someone.

i'm not sure the extensions offered were all that appealing. it was a polite way of saying "we only want you around as much as we want polio"

a person making $100,000 a year finishes his contract with you and you tell them, "feel free to find another job." they don't get the hint and say, "no...that's alright. i'd like to stay." you tell them, "awesome. here's a new contract for $50,000. welcome back." they respond by saying, "you know...actually i have this old friend who just asked me to help him out with a new project he is undertaking. maybe i should do that."

they go to a place where they wanted and you get what you wanted all along...a clean slate and a chance to get someone who might not suck. you did all that without having to fire someone.

yarp

rem fox wanted him back...he took a demotion next year will say a lot if about these guys that went some were else.

i think there is a lot about this coaching thing we do not know because i dont think the way are QB was playing and are DEF was that the people coaching get promotions. unless the league knows fox is pulling the strings and holding them back.

Archived