• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

dan marino worried about single season record falling...

rayzor

When it gets cold, you know Brady will slow way down up in Massachusetts.

I think Drew has the best chance of breaking it. He plays at home in the dome. Wont get cold and snowy in there.

That is a good point. Add that they play division games in New York and Buffalo and you might be right. Meanwhile all the division teams for Brees are in the South and both their home field and Atlanta are in a dome. Could make a difference in December.

fug goodell, marino's 84 season was the best of all time and the only reason manning and brady beat that in terms of td passes was because of his rule changes

Come on son

Records are meant to be broken. Is what it is lol

What if he dont break it? Then what... ya whole point gets reversed ?

True, but you gotta admit that it's more exciting to watch than old-school smashmouth/Foxball style.

I like them both. Watching your offense ram it down another teams defensive throat is every bit as exciting as throwing it all over the field was.

But the main thing is to win. A 3-0 win is better than a 41-38 loss.

Dan would probably throw for 6000 yards this year. Had the quickest and most accurate release I have ever seen. To bad Miami's defenses were so bad that he only got one shot at a Superbowl.

Marino would likely shatter 6k yards easily on a regular basis in today's NFL. He was basically 'born into the wrong era.' The way the rules are now, it's very hard to stop prolific passing offenses, especially if they have great quarterbacks, and, well...

Dont know why he would worry, every record in the book is going to fall eventually.

The Dolphins own the best record in the books, a perfect season and they did it without Marino.

Still remember the Pats fall on the verge of breaking it.

Gotta say that Don Shula's 347 wins as a NFL head coach couldn't possibly fall anytime soon....

Nice to have a QB coach in that company......

True, but you gotta admit that it's more exciting to watch than old-school smashmouth/Foxball style.

2002 going from 1-15 to 7-9, 2003, 2004, and 2005 were damn exciting seasons to watch for me

Nothing but winning the SB will ever top 2003 or even 96 IMO

Marino would likely shatter 6k yards easily on a regular basis in today's NFL. He was basically 'born into the wrong era.' The way the rules are now, it's very hard to stop prolific passing offenses, especially if they have great quarterbacks, and, well...

Couldn't agree more re: Marino, he played todays game when todays game couldn't quite get it done. I'm not sure you can blame it only on rules, but it's definately a different NFL.

2002 going from 1-15 to 7-9, 2003, 2004, and 2005 were damn exciting seasons to watch for me

Nothing but winning the SB will ever top 2003 or even 96 IMO

I agree with all of the points being made. Running the ball is exciting if it's your team doing it and it's working. I'm sure the Cowgirls fans loved the early/mid 90s when it was all "we're giving it to Emmett, we dare you to try and stop it." but from an outsiders fan perspective, I think the 99 Rams were more fun to watch.

Archived