• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud you are Killing me!!!!!

Pantherxtreme

You are a great offensive coordinator but man you make some boneheaded calls at times!

Why is Cam dropping back in the pocket and throwing fades and fly routes on 3rd and 2, instantly taking away one of Cam's strength which is his running ability.

He is not Peyton Manning, but in alot of ways he can be more dangerous than a Peyton Manning especially on a 3rd and 2 why not put the pressure on the defense to react by rolling him out with the option to hit someone in the flats or spreading out the defense out and have him run the ball?

That seems like the choice call down there at the goalline when the defense has a advantage and can stack the line, so why not run him in that situation when the defense has to defend the whole field, this seems so easy to me I guess I'm missing something.

We are too bad on defense to just THROW away drives LITERALLY!!!!

yes chud sure is a dolt for not running his quarterback whenever we need a third down conversion.

we went from dead last in every category offensively to a top ten offense with NO otas or training camp... chud is not "killing you" and you are a complete idiot for making this thread.

Chud calling Madden type plays.

what the fug does this even mean? having the offense spread out and then immediately running it IS a madden type of play. chudz is turning newton into a pocket passer, and doing a damned good job of it - that's what everyone wanted, payton manning, not mike vick, right? - and now everyone's pissed off that he's not running for 600 yards every time we get to third and short.

short. sighted.

I don't care if he runs but I'm tired of what feels like us going for a home run every time we get near the red zone. I would like to see us chip away at yards occasionally too, not just with Cam but also with our backs. I get he wants him to be a pocket passer but come on...

yes chud sure is a dolt for not running his quarterback whenever we need a third down conversion.

we went from dead last in every category offensively to a top ten offense with NO otas or training camp... chud is not "killing you" and you are a complete idiot for making this thread.

Chud sure likes to run the QB down there at the goalline, but i'm idiot. :rolleye:

He doesn't have to call a QB draw but roll him out give the defense more options to defend, hell Vick made a living doing this exact thing against us.

But you're right I guess the fade pass 3 yards out of bounds was the best call in THAT situation!

I don't care if he runs but I'm tired of what feels like us going for a home run every time we get near the red zone. I would like to see us chip away at yards occasionally too, not just with Cam but also with our backs. I get he wants him to be a pocket passer but come on...

I have a feeling he is still playing to Newtons ability right now and we are not seeing the whole playbook. We have to remember Cam is still learning and the game has not slowed down for him yet. His short and intermediate throws are still a little high and not as accurate.

what the fug does this even mean? having the offense spread out and then immediately running it IS a madden type of play. chudz is turning newton into a pocket passer, and doing a damned good job of it - that's what everyone wanted, payton manning, not mike vick, right? - and now everyone's pissed off that he's not running for 600 yards every time we get to third and short.

short. sighted.

What da fug does being a pocket passer have to do with Cam having the ability to scramble on 3rd and 2 and pick up a 1st down to keep the drive going?

He can domnostrate is pocket precison on 1 and 10, 2nd or 3rd and long.

But hell I have more faith in Cam being able to bull and stretch out for two yards than connecting on a 15 yard fade out to his TE.

I want Cam to be the best passer in the league but I still want him to be able to use his legs and break teams back ala that touchdown run against the Falcons if need be.

I love what Chud has done with this offense, but if he trying to shoehorn Cam to being just a pure pocket passer than he is making a mistake.

Need to run the ball more. That is all there is to it. When Cam has to be the whole team on 4th quarter drives, it just puts too much pressure on him. I liked what the run game was doing against Atlanta, but it was abandoned once we were down.

Need to run more of those option plays. Power runs. FB dives. stretch plays. Something more to keep teams guessing. Once we are behind teams know know know that it is going to be the Cam Newton show. A fugging D-Lineman was smart enough to know what play the offense was running. That alone says something is wrong.

I am a Chud supporter but in that particular situation...I don't understand why he doesn't go 3 or 4 wide and spread it out for Cam. He can either complete a short pass or run for the first down. And of course, he could always call a running play. Usually people argue whether to run or pass on short 3rd down situations but I'm fine either way since we know Cam can use his legs.

You are a great offensive coordinator but man you make some boneheaded calls at times!

Why is Cam dropping back in the pocket and throwing fades and fly routes on 3rd and 2, instantly taking away one of Cam's strength which is his running ability.

He is not Peyton Manning, but in alot of ways he can be more dangerous than a Peyton Manning especially on a 3rd and 2 why not put the pressure on the defense to react by rolling him out with the option to hit someone in the flats or spreading out the defense out and have him run the ball?

That seems like the choice call down there at the goalline when the defense has a advantage and can stack the line, so why not run him in that situation when the defense has to defend the whole field, this seems so easy to me I guess I'm missing something.

We are too bad on defense to just THROW away drives LITERALLY!!!!

1. Chud's not killing anybody

2. Don't run Cam on 3rd and 2, just let Stewart pick up 2 yards, I mean it's 2 yards, I think he could do it..

Archived