• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williamsvs Stev Smith

CanadianCat

When it comes to runningbacks and receivers, I actually think change of direction is arguably a more valuable skill than straight line speed.

Totally agree. LT is not all that fast either, but amazing change of direction.

Fast RB's with less change of direction do not last long in this league.

DeAngelo Williams got faster last season. Did you see those long runs against the Lions and the Broncos? He out ran the entire defense. And that LB of the Raiders that almost walked down Williams runs a 4.47 40 yard dash.

deangelo isn't as fast as he is shifty.

watch all of his long runs. he gets seperation by running angles. when a defender gains on him, he changes direction to create distance. sometimes it's slight. sometimes it's obvious.

williams does not have the straight line speed of steve smith.

thats called SMART.

What I am excited about is seeing what kind of shape Williams shows up in this season. I think he realized that his offseason prep gave him a huge advantage last season.

I am excited!

Not only this but how much Stewart will improve and just how far they push each other. :yesnod: We have the best backs in the league.

Williams, Smith and Stewart all have other elements besides the speed and change of direction that make them great in space. They all have good field vision, with Williams having arguably the best. Good balance abounds, with Stewart being the leader here since his ability to stay upright would make a Weeble jealous. And for body control, you can't get much better than Steve Smith.

All that said, the one thing I'd love to know is who on the team staff teaches the art of the stiffarm, because whoever he is, that guy needs a raise.

Archived