• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panther fans being called out again

SCP

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/24/2719898/protect-this-home-field.html

When Redskins quarterback John Beck scrambled into the end zone for a 4-yard touchdown in the third quarter of the Panthers' 33-20 win on Sunday, a cheer went up from several burgundy-hued sections of Bank of America Stadium.

The reaction did not go unnoticed by those on the home sideline.

"You don't want to see that. You don't want to have a bunch of maroon fans in the stands," left tackle Jordan Gross said Monday. "But if we were undefeated, you probably wouldn't have that many. So hopefully the fans recognize the importance of home field and home games, and they're keeping their seats for Panthers fans."

Still, Rivera understands establishing a home-field advantage is a process.

"We appreciate" the fans, Rivera said. "It was tough (Sunday). It was a pretty raucous crowd with a lot of Redskins fans in the crowd. We want to look up and see a sea of blue."

Jerry needs to lower the PSL prices for a season so we can get more young fans locked in. Or, how about opening a non-PSL season ticket section. I'm tired of dealing with opposing fans. Luckily my PSLs are in a pretty solid section but we still get the trash from other teams.

McDermott said he thought Bank of America Stadium was a tough place to play when he was with the Eagles.

"When we used to play here, I thought this was a good place to play in terms of a hostile environment, with physical, tough football players. And I still believe that," he said. "I've come to realize that these fans, when you put a good product on the field, they're one of the best fan bases in the NFL."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/10/24/2719898/protect-this-home-field.html

It's time to step up people.

Jerry needs to lower the PSL prices for a season so we can get more young fans locked in. Or, how about opening a non-PSL season ticket section. I'm tired of dealing with opposing fans. Luckily my PSLs are in a pretty solid section but we still get the trash from other teams.

The cheapest way to get tickets is to just buy them. If people want to go then they can just go. I'm not sure how adjusting PSL prices are going to fill the stands with people who aren't going the cheaper route that's available.

The cheapest way to get tickets is to just buy them. If people want to go then they can just go. I'm not sure how adjusting PSL prices are going to fill the stands with people who aren't going the cheaper route that's available.

PSLs/Season tickets are a commitment. Just going down to the stadium on a whim creates situations like Sunday. Season tickets can always be scalped, sure. But when the Panthers are selling PSLs at $3k minimum, that eliminates a large portion of fans that could afford just regular season ticket packages.

Archived