• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Discussion Cam Newton on ESPN First Take: Cam or Vick?

PantherBoy95

DAMN No lie I can't give Cam enough credit. For some to consider him a hit or miss player, he's definitely a HUGE homerun so far. I've never seen a player from Carolina take over headlines (I'm talking I go to ESPN and see pictures and titles all over). Man I'm proud of this team and the fact that they picked him up. I just hope that they can keep him around VERY long term assuming he continues panning out.

-Skip and the Jamele picked Cam

-Mangini picked Vick

-They liked Cam's size and ability to take shots over Vick's small stature.

-Mangini thinks Cam would struggle more than Vick has with Philly's OL. Also thinks we have a more dangerous weapons for Cam.

-They also perferred Cam because he is a more of a pass first QB, whereas Vick always wants to take off and run.

-Jamele thought the Eagles would have won 2 more games if Cam would have been their QB.

there was so much Cam love in that segment. Even Skip was throwing around some praise for him. Mangini was breaking down a play from the Iron Bowl and a throw to SS on the sideline from the Skins game. Basically said he has developed accuracy, can make every throw on the field, is continuing to learn the offense, etc.

Oh yea, and Jemele Hill wants to have Cam's baby

Archived