• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith on Doug Gottlieb show

Herb

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I don't see it anywhere.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7149496

I love this quote... "we actually make in-game adjustments now" :D

It's like 2:50 in.

He talks about Cam a lot and also talks about the reasons why he thought about quitting football completely during the offseason. Talks about the team as a whole and having fun again and the future. Great stuff.

And lol "from putting down the football cleats, to picking up the towels and sheets, ya know folding those up"

thought about quitting football entirely... that's scary... no wonder he's so pumped up about this season. who'd have thought he'd be the league-leading receiver at this point in the season with a rookie quarterback throwing him the ball?

cam newton has effectively added another 3 to 4 years to steve smith's career. if smitty makes the HoF it will be because of Cam.

cam newton has effectively added another 3 to 4 years to steve smith's career. if smitty makes the HoF it will be because of Cam.

that might be a little extreme. if he makes the HoF it will be because he is an elite WR. Cam might help, but to attribute it to Cam solely is a bit silly.

Deangelo said this on his livestream this week, too. Something to the effect of "Before we used to go in the locker room at half time and hear 'we gotta play harder' and now we hear 'They're running this play and this is what we need to do to adjust'"

lol steve still has a chip on his shoulder "oh he can't play"

I really don't think many people said that, it was more "wow jimmy clausen blows, if the Panthers can't find a qb, Steve Smith's career is effectively over"

gotta love smitty

Archived