• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Find the positive - Charlotte Fans

redbuddha

:rofl: So someone who isn't willing to support the team no matter what is coming on a board full of fans who have been here through thick and thin and telling us how to be fans? GTFO

See you are missing the point. Lets say you have a girlfriend with a bad attitude; it would be nice if I took her out to dinner to relieve her from a little stress for the day. You take her to a nice restaurant and she complains the whole time when she could have been home having to slave in the kitchen all day. Missing the point that you have taken her to a great restaurant, got her out the house, away from kids, co-workers, whatever, and she is still complaining.

My parents were military, I have lived in multiple states my whole life. I'm too far from Kansas City, and San Francisco to be excited about what they are doing. However, because I live in Alabama, I have seen what this young man can do. You have seen it, but I suggest you have only seen about 33% of what this young man is capable of. Enjoy, if you don't like, stay off the board, turn in your jerseys, find another team.

The Carolina Panthers are/were the bad girlfriend that everyone wonders why you haven't left her yet. So don't come complaining if everybody knows that this chick is bad news. Football is entertainment. Cam is entertaining! Are you entertained?

Dude, people aren't just gonna come on here and be peachy all the time. Football may be entertainment, but it's part of American society to analyze the NFL. That's what this board was made for. This team deserves criticism, just like my son deserves criticism. I love my son to death, but I will criticize his flaws in an effort to make him a better person.

FL has 3 NFL teams, 2 NBA teams, 2 MLB teams, 2 NHL teams and tons of big time college sport teams.

Too much. They can't support that many teams....and don't.

Based on population Miami should have no problem supporting multiple teams. Top 10 city population wise. No excuse for empty Marlins stadium year after year.

Orlando and Jacksonville have no excuse as they only have 1 sports team.

Tampa is kid of small to support 3 teams but they are still bigger than Denver, Pittsburgh, etc....

I think climate has something to do with it as well as retirees.

California has 15 pro teams and they are all pretty well supported. My buddy went to a Golden State game last year and talked about the party atmosphere on the streets. The freaking warriors

Football is entertainment. Cam is entertaining! Are you entertained?

The win against the Redksins was so much more entertaining than any of our losses. People hung out for hours for post tailgate when my lot is usually empty after a loss. Selwyn pub was way more packed than usual. People were in a better mood. The city was electrified.

I got way more hammered.

Wins are so much better than losses on so may levels. I go to every game but moral victories are for bums.

Dude, people aren't just gonna come on here and be peachy all the time. Football may be entertainment, but it's part of American society to analyze the NFL. That's what this board was made for. This team deserves criticism, just like my son deserves criticism. I love my son to death, but I will criticize his flaws in an effort to make him a better person.

Some people get it.

Based on population Miami should have no problem supporting multiple teams. Top 10 city population wise. No excuse for empty Marlins stadium year after year.

Orlando and Jacksonville have no excuse as they only have 1 sports team.

Tampa is kid of small to support 3 teams but they are still bigger than Denver, Pittsburgh, etc....

I think climate has something to do with it as well as retirees.

California has 15 pro teams and they are all pretty well supported. My buddy went to a Golden State game last year and talked about the party atmosphere on the streets. The freaking warriors

well....it is a problem that spans across several of there teams so clearly they can't support that many.

and yeah, retirees and transplants in FL probably do have a lot to do with it..... there teams they grew up on are elsewhere.

It's not that people have a problem with the criticism of the team, or that people have a problem with team optimism, it's the extremes that people have issues with. There are posters on this board who always give off a negative perception and there are those who seem devoid of being able to absorb criticism of the team in any way. The problem is all a part of perception. Do these people really have a totally one sided take on things? Perhaps, and there are a few that I really believe are, but the vast majority aren't, it's just that most people tend to like to voice their opinions about the negative and others about the positive.

For this reason a lot of posters get stuck with a stigma, you for instance Happy Panther, very rarely forward a positive opinion on anything. I have seen you do it from time to time, but it's rare. This gives you a negative stigma which I don't necessarily believe that you have, you just tend to like to point out the negative because it's what you feel a true fan should do, by not being satisfied with anything short of greatness. I get that, but not everyone is that way. Most people can see the negatives in the team, but not everyone agrees on the severity of these deficiencies. There are posters who take every perceived negative as something that could destroy the team, and there are others who see every negative as a none issue, both are wrong.

To me a good fan means being able to understand both sides of the coin and recognizing the short comings that exist within your organization so that you can find joy in watching them be corrected.

See you are missing the point. Lets say you have a girlfriend with a bad attitude; it would be nice if I took her out to dinner to relieve her from a little stress for the day. You take her to a nice restaurant and she complains the whole time when she could have been home having to slave in the kitchen all day. Missing the point that you have taken her to a great restaurant, got her out the house, away from kids, co-workers, whatever, and she is still complaining.

My parents were military, I have lived in multiple states my whole life. I'm too far from Kansas City, and San Francisco to be excited about what they are doing. However, because I live in Alabama, I have seen what this young man can do. You have seen it, but I suggest you have only seen about 33% of what this young man is capable of. Enjoy, if you don't like, stay off the board, turn in your jerseys, find another team.

The Carolina Panthers are/were the bad girlfriend that everyone wonders why you haven't left her yet. So don't come complaining if everybody knows that this chick is bad news. Football is entertainment. Cam is entertaining! Are you entertained?

No you are missing the point. You come here telling people what being a fan is about when it seems you don't know the first thing about being a fan. Like I said, GTFO

Hidden

It's not that people have a problem with the criticism of the team, or that people have a problem with team optimism, it's the extremes that people have issues with. There are posters on this board who always give off a negative perception and there are those who seem devoid of being able to absorb criticism of the team in any way. The problem is all a part of perception. Do these people really have a totally one sided take on things? Perhaps, and there are a few that I really believe are, but the vast majority aren't, it's just that most people tend to like to voice their opinions about the negative and others about the positive.

For this reason a lot of posters get stuck with a stigma, you for instance Happy Panther, very rarely forward a positive opinion on anything. I have seen you do it from time to time, but it's rare. This gives you a negative stigma which I don't necessarily believe that you have, you just tend to like to point out the negative because it's what you feel a true fan should do, by not being satisfied with anything short of greatness. I get that, but not everyone is that way. Most people can see the negatives in the team, but not everyone agrees on the severity of these deficiencies. There are posters who take every perceived negative as something that could destroy the team, and there are others who see every negative as a none issue, both are wrong.

To me a good fan means being able to understand both sides of the coin and recognizing the short comings that exist within your organization so that you can find joy in watching them be corrected.

get.jpg

Archived