• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Crappiest part about talking about the draft this year...

Ricky Spanish

Is the fact that we actually have talent EVERYWHERE. each position we are filled to the brim with potential. the only problem is, they are all so damn young that we have no idea if it will actually pan out, and the ones who are proven commodities now have injuries that make us question whether or not to look into finding someone else.

What position do we target with our first pick this draft? Who the hell knows? We have plenty of needs, mostly on defense, but we have plenty of talented guys that have the potential to step up and be great. There is an argument for, and against drafting a guy with our first pick at DT, OT, WR, LB, and CB.

This would be so much easier if at least ONE of those positions would just stop making stupid, rookie, inexperienced mistakes throughout the season so we can actually evaluate who has "it" and who doesn't.

Maybe I'm just a homer, but I KNOW we have talented guys all across our roster, we just aren't putting it all together to get wins yet. Anyone else feel the same way, or am I just blinded by my black and blue tinted glasses?

when there is no glaring need you go BPA

the best teams in the league use this strategy and it's a wonderful thing, no more reaching on players because they're a desperate need

that said I disagree that we don't have obvious holes. right side of the o-line is still iffy(mainly RT), #2 corner & DT is a question mark, LB of course given all the injuries but I wouldn't use a top pick on one..

Its really going to depend on when we pick. if we are in the 6-12 range and a OT is still on the board there is no question we go there. We also have a huge hole at LB if Burfict is there when we pick he may be the pick. So I will say our biggest need is LB but i wont be shock if we OT especially if Kalil and Martin is there.

when there is no glaring need you go BPA

the best teams in the league use this strategy and it's a wonderful thing, no more reaching on players because they're a desperate need

that said I disagree that we don't have obvious holes. right side of the o-line is still iffy(mainly RT), #2 corner & DT is a question mark, LB of course given all the injuries but I wouldn't use a top pick on one..

I agree wholeheartedly that there are obvious needs that we have to address, the only problem is, I have no idea which of the needs is the most glaring. It's not like last year when we all knew we needed a QB because clausen was poo.

You can make an argument for any one of the positions you mentioned to be our first round pick, and someone could come in behind you and make an equally compelling argument for why you are wrong and how a different position is our #1 need. BPA out of any of those positions really seems like the best option at this point, to me at least.

I really doubt Trent Richardson is going top ten.

If we can't get Blackmon or Alshon, we should just go with BPA on defense. Which would be Morris Claiborne, Brandon Thompson, Dre Kirkpatrick, or Zack Brown. Leaving out Vontaze Burflict since he's a thug and DEs since we clearly don't need one. Not that there's any DEs worth taking that high besides Coples who will likely be gone.

why is no one talking about a corner with our 1st pick? gamble isn't gonna be a borderline good #1 for too much longer and we cant expect captain to be a #2 for his career. he may be one of the best nickel backs in the league, #2....no. (and yes, i do know what a good game he had last week). every mock draft so far has us taking a corner (claiborne from LSU most likely). and honestly, im ok with that pick

Archived