• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Rooney Dead at 92

Carolina Husker

Boy, heaven has sure changed since I was a kid. Now there's Jews, blacks, and gays here walking around. This is less like heaven and more like Miami...which was a great place to visit in the '60's. It's too hot there now...like this place. Wait is this hell???

True story...I was working for nascar.com way back when, following champion Dale Jarrett around all week in New York. One stop was the Regis and Kathie Lee show, and the other guests that morning were Andy Rooney and the Goo Goo Dolls. We're in the green room with Andy Rooney. The Goo Goo Dolls hung out in the hallway under a stairwell, for whatever reason. One of them comes in to sample the breakfast tray they provided us, and Andy Rooney, sitting on the couch by himself, glances at me and says aloud "THAT'S a Goo Goo Doll?" The Goo Goo Doll looks at Rooney, then looks at me and smirks and walks out. I swear Rooney's eyebrows crawled halfway up his forehead.

Archived