• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers add Cam Newton to injury list

Carolina Mike II

Ummmmm????? Found this! I have been gone all week anyone know more about this??

Thanks!

By Pat Yasinskas

I just arrived in Atlanta and we’ve got a bit of NFC South news to catch up on.

The Carolina Panthers added quarterback Cam Newton to the injury list Saturday. The Panthers say Newton is probable for Sunday with a sore shoulder.

The fact the Panthers are listing Newton as probable likely means they simply are following NFL protocol for reporting injuries. Newton had an MRI on Friday that revealed no damage.

Expect him to be out there Sunday against the Titans. If you see Derek Anderson seriously warming up before the game, then there might be something to this. But all signs point to Newton playing Sunday.

Like I said I have been gone for a while just got home from a NCAA Football game and saw this on ESPN. Searched this but only found a MRI thing that everyone was blasting as not true so......I was just asking....dang! delete this if it is a repeated thread....or you can always not click on it too...just saying.....

in his defense the other topic didn't mention cam getting put on the injury report in the initial post. It only discussed cam having an MRI from a now credible but largely unfamiliar source.

Archived