• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Skyrim

Paintballr

The horse getting in on the fight annoys me, too. I'd prefer they just stand back and let me handle it :D Same with when you have a companion or someone with you on the mission, they tend to literally step in front of my swinging weapon and then yell at me when they get hit. All in all, though, the combat feels way better than the Fallouts and previous Elder Scrolls.

I'm pretty surprised by the complete lack of glitches in my game. They did a good job polishing it up before release.

I'm a Nord with a mace in one hand (level 40ish one-handed skill) and destruction magic (level 30ish) in the other. Straight up warrior, joined the Companions.

I love how, as I play through, I get inspired for the other kinds of characters i want to use after I'm done with this playthrough.

How do I join the companions? where the hell is Kodlak? I cant find him in the companion encampment.

How do I join the companions? where the hell is Kodlak? I cant find him in the companion encampment.

In Whiterun, their building is right next to Dragonsreach. You turn right inside the door, and there's a staircase leading down to the sleeping quarters, where he's sitting.

The horse getting in on the fight annoys me, too. I'd prefer they just stand back and let me handle it :D Same with when you have a companion or someone with you on the mission, they tend to literally step in front of my swinging weapon and then yell at me when they get hit. All in all, though, the combat feels way better than the Fallouts and previous Elder Scrolls.

I'm pretty surprised by the complete lack of glitches in my game. They did a good job polishing it up before release.

I'm a Nord with a mace in one hand (level 40ish one-handed skill) and destruction magic (level 30ish) in the other. Straight up warrior, joined the Companions.

I love how, as I play through, I get inspired for the other kinds of characters i want to use after I'm done with this playthrough.

Yeah the companions can be just as annoying. I've had my horse and a companion die on me in dragon fights so I always make sure to save as soon as a see a dragon. It's worse that I only use magic(don't even carry a weapon) and any melee companion immediately gets in the way. I finally got a mage companion by doing the azura's star quest. Spoiler: the quest has 2 choices - you can end up with a corrupted Azura's star that only takes black souls(e.g. humans) or the regular way(any souls but black). If you do the later by returning it to azura's shrine, the priest will offer to be a companion. She's pretty kick ass too, she'll summon stuff and blast away with ice and lightning.

There's no class based guilds right? I can join the Companions as a Mage, right?

Essentially there are no classes at all. You really are what you do.

This can be done with all characters correct? or does the orc have a smithing advantage?

I'm honestly not sure, because I haven't tried any other races yet. You can smith with any race, but as an Orc it might cost less in materials. I would run around the open world and just keep killing wolves and elk and bears and everything. I must have 50 leather right now to use. When I get off work today I'll probably spend a few more hours building it up. It's tedious, but when I can build enchanted weapons and advanced armor later, I think it'll be worth it. While others are going to have to go on quests for dragon or glass armor, I'll just build the stuff. That'll be sweet.

Yeah the companions can be just as annoying. I've had my horse and a companion die on me in dragon fights so I always make sure to save as soon as a see a dragon. It's worse that I only use magic(don't even carry a weapon) and any melee companion immediately gets in the way. I finally got a mage companion by doing the azura's star quest. Spoiler:

Essentially there are no classes at all. You really are what you do.

Aye I was just wondering if the choice you make (sneaky character, mage, warrior etc) limits which groups you can join. Apparently not.

Archived