• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Know You Want a DT But...

chknwing

dude, hes in college, hes young, people do mature. The guys going to be an elite player in the NFL.

He has the tools to be as good as he wants to be but his head isn't on right. He is a loose cannon. He's always been one and he likely always will be. He also tried to end Matt Barkley's career in HS when they were both committed to USC. That's not a just playing hard move, that's an I don't give a poo about the consequences move....

i agree with what somebody said about beason. if anybody can keep a young player adjusted and focused it's 52.

for what it's worth, everybody said cam was a thug pre-draft too.

The people who said he was a "thug" were just bashing for the sake of bashing. People said he had character concerns, which leading up to the draft he did. There's a much bigger difference between a guy having some red flags off the field and a guy who has red flags on. FWIW Cam also had some concerns between the numbers, but has for the most part completely silenced the doubters. Also, who said we were going to a 3-4 next year, I mean we may yes, but it's not a given. Vontaze would be an absolute waste of a pick if you're going to play him at Will or Sam, and I really can't take anyone serious if they suggest we should ever move Beast out of the Mike again....

And for all the people who say Burfict is coachable, explain why Dennis Erickson has felt the need to either bench Vontaze during critical moments of games, or outright bench him for the entire contest....both of these have happened on numerous occasions. Sure Vontaze may jump across the line and stop the ball carrier on fourth down in the third quarter, but he will almost certainly come back in the fourth and give the opposing offense 15 yards with one of his inexplicable late hits....

sorry, I dont want nice guys on defense, I want mean, angry, high motor players. So the guy gets carried away, I dont think it something that cant be fixed, and for the talent he has, it would be a waste to not try. Jon Beason can get this guy in control.

Playing mean =/= playing dirty

I can live with Blackmon, my preference is to fix the offensive line with Kalil, but I'm really beginning to believe (both from what I've heard from friends @USC and from the articles that have come out this week) that both Barkley and Kalil will come back for a run at the National Title next year....

I can live with Blackmon' date=' my preference is to fix the offensive line with Kalil, but I'm really beginning to believe (both from what I've heard from friends @USC and from the articles that have come out this week) that both Barkley and Kalil will come back for a run at the National Title next year....[/quote']

Kalil is good but I think he's a bit overrated and not worth top 5 pick. He had some pooty games.

Blackmon is a freaking. Superb speed and body control. He reminds me of shorter Vincent Jackson. I would say Boldin but Blackmon is much quicker and faster than Boldin. Look at Blackmon jump for the ball... He reminds me of Smitty. Blackmon plays like he's 6'5.

Archived