• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

re: former panther OG evan mathis...

rayzor

just saw this from pff:

ProFootbalFocus How good a value signing was Evan Mathis for the Eagles? In 444 snaps pass blocking this season he has yet to allow a sack

also saw that while he was with the bengals ('08-'10) he didn't allow a sack during the '09 and '10 seasons.

he's only got a 1 year deal with the eagles right now. i wonder if he might be someone that we could bring back. anyone know why he was let go from the panthers? only thing i could think of was that he didn't fit the zone blocking scheme that davidson was trying to implement?

regardless, seems like he's still very solid. might be someone who could help out at RG quite a bit.

He was let go by us because he was a developmental project guard that we had no patience for. When he was playing in a Panther uni, he was the offensive equivalent of Nick Hayden. Watching those two go at it in practice might have been like either watching a very graceful ice skating duet, or like watching a haggard version of backyard wrastlin'...

I'm glad he got his ish together, though I'm bummed we weren't the ones to develop him and call him our own.

Yeah, I recall that he was considered a good prospect who just wasn't coming around - so they gave up on him.

Getting cut (twice) may have been the wakeup call he needed... or maybe it was just a matter of time?

Either way, at this point it would be nice to have him back... not sold on Hangman at all.

there isn't really a whole lot of options and i'd like to revamp that whole right side.

i don't mind keeping hangman around as a backup interior oline utility guy like he used to be around here, but not as a starter.

the saints may be letting go of carl nicks. they spent a ton on their other OG last year (?) and i'm not sure they'd be willing to part with that kind of money for another OG.

not sure how much it would take to get either guy, though.

if the eagles remain a mess i can see mathis not wanting to stick around.

Guest Bwood15

Nobody is ever going to believe me but my one of my girl friends relatives just got knocked up with his baby.

Apparently she's a mega slut though.

Archived