• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Howie Long Video on Cam

raleigh-panther

Cam is the most exciting player that ever came to Charlotte. The NFC South will be his for the taking. This is a thrill for this PLS owner. I am looking forward to the day when our defense comes back to work. I tell you, next season is going to be a lot of fun, as long as we keep the THREE headed monster running. Cam seems to be a great goodhearted young man that loves to play football. He will have lots of fun. (No dooky, when we were kids,we actually used to play football for fun.) Winning is fun. Call me a hater, when I critisize mistakes of any player if you want. I am a Panther fan, fully supporting the organization, PSLs and all. They are my team. But if a player screws up, any player, I will call it as I see it. (A mod gave me all this red because he dissagreed with that. That is wrong, but it really does not hurt at all.) I am thrilled to be looking forward to finnally having a winning team. Cam is a great big chunk of that.

There fixed one thing for you.

That's a good point. I thought Mr Jackson was high when I heard that interview. He was talking about Newton being one of the top two baddest (as in most feared) players in the NFL before he'd played a down. With the speed of Vick and the arm of Marino (I think).

Clearly the old saying is true: "Bo knows".

EVERYBODY was hating on the man. Now we got somebody that can become the Michael Jordan of football.

That being said, Michael Jordan is in the same city as Newton. I know this may sound a little crazy but Jordan should sponsor Newton in some way shape or form. Have some kind of connection cuz they can both benefit from it. Basketball and Football are the 2 biggest sports in America. Jordan is the best to ever touch the court. Newton can be the best to ever touch the field(if he has the killer instinct that Jordan possessed back in the day.)

EVERYBODY was hating on the man. Now we got somebody that can become the Michael Jordan of football.

That being said, Michael Jordan is in the same city as Newton. I know this may sound a little crazy but Jordan should sponsor Newton in some way shape or form. Have some kind of connection cuz they can both benefit from it. Basketball and Football are the 2 biggest sports in America. Jordan is the best to ever touch the court. Newton can be the best to ever touch the field(if he has the killer instinct that Jordan possessed back in the day.)

25787398_huh_answer_2_xlarge.gif

So on one side we have every talking head including a slew or former players who all say Newton is fantastic and way better than anyone thought. On the other side we have a few Panther trolls (you know who they are) who are always taking shots at him and downplaying his accomplishments and the offense in general.

Who seems more credible?????? HMMM......................

I know who I believe. Funny how with each passing week and every mark he eclipses, the few haters who are left become even more disenfranchised and are fringe elements with no real support.

Strangely, those guys are absent from this thread.

That's a good point. I thought Mr Jackson was high when I heard that interview. He was talking about Newton being one of the top two baddest (as in most feared) players in the NFL before he'd played a down. With the speed of Vick and the arm of Marino (I think).

Clearly the old saying is true: "Bo knows".

Being an old Auburn guy, I remember back in the day when everyone told the Tampa Bay Bucs don't worry about Bo and baseball, go ahead and draft him... Bo's not seriously going to play baseball.

And then he went and played baseball.

Then the said that Bo would never be able to cut it in the Major Leagues.

The he made the All-Star team.

Then they said Bo would never be able to play both sports at a high level.

Then he made the Pro Bowl.

Then he got injured and they said Bo would never be able to play baseball again.

Until he did.

Bo does, indeed, KNOW. :D

...oh, don't worry.

If Cam makes any mistakes this weekend, they will be back.

It will prove Howie is wrong, because after all, it was just Tampa Bay. I have problems with that arugement because many has been the time in the Panthers history that teams that should beat, and beat badly, they didn't and yet when we do, 'well it was just Tampa and Freeman wasn't playing, and this excuse and that excuse'.

Archived