• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shockey

Paintballr

Meaning that it's one thing to be an a-hole on the field and could care less if Shockey talks s--t during a game. I used to like him because he's fired up when he plays (most of the time). It was out of line though to question people's love of our country for not putting your hand over heart. You just don't do that. Dude should apologize but I sure he won't.

d23179165419912.jpg

Texas has sacrificed more people in Iraq and Afganistan than any other state. A mortgage-free home was given to a military widow at halftime of the game. Standing O's at every game for recognized vets.

those facts only make the texans players that disrespected america's anthem look even worse. they are representatives of that same state. :rolleyes:

Shockey is a loudmouth mercenary d-bag. What he said abour the Texans patriotism was just plain stupid and if he doesn't apologize it will show what a true a-hole he is. Texas has sacrificed more people in Iraq and Afganistan than any other state. A mortgage-free home was given to a military widow at halftime of the game. Standing O's at every game for recognized vets. Ridiculous what he said...

It's one thing to talk trash on the field. Panther's caught us on a bad day - it happens. Feel fortunate you got us this year and not at full strength or anything close to it. But to talk out of your a-- about something like that shows Shockey is a complete tool - wouldn't want him on my team.

why do you guys hate america?

oh...aren't you the team that it took all of you to fight shockey in a scrimmage?

you hate america. shockey has a tattoo of a bald eagle with a flag and you hate him too.

should i be surprised?

Shockey is a loudmouth mercenary d-bag. What he said abour the Texans patriotism was just plain stupid and if he doesn't apologize it will show what a true a-hole he is. Texas has sacrificed more people in Iraq and Afganistan than any other state. A mortgage-free home was given to a military widow at halftime of the game. Standing O's at every game for recognized vets. Ridiculous what he said...

It's one thing to talk trash on the field. Panther's caught us on a bad day - it happens. Feel fortunate you got us this year and not at full strength or anything close to it. But to talk out of your a-- about something like that shows Shockey is a complete tool - wouldn't want him on my team.

Im sorry cant hear you over the sound of all the sand falling out of your vagina.

:lol:

I think everyone can agree to a certain extent that he annoyed the poo out of us when he played for the Saints, even Giants.

Now, however, he is one of my favorite players on this year's squad.

Cheers to you, Jeremy.

He mellowed out a lot as he got older, the last few years as a Saint he was pretty tolerable but since he was a Saint we hated him anyways.

Maybe Texas sacrifices more soldiers on a per state capita, but that wasn't what Shockey was representing. The 'players' were not showing respect for America by not placing their hand on their hearts. Nothing to do with the state, but more the players.

I sent an email to the Panthers regarding a post on facebook that I saw by a friend of mines dad, which is a vet and also suffering from an extreme case of rheumatoid arthritis...

"Today I went shopping as many people do this time of year at Christmas. However I did not go Christmas shopping but instead for a Panther football jersey number 80. You see that is the jersey number JEREMY SHOCKEY of the Panthers wears. I have never been a Shockey fan until this year. This year I have watched him on the sidelines pumping up the young players and being a cheer leader for the vetplayers. Yesterday he became my favorite Panther player as after the game he was not talking about his TD catch or the other catch late in the game that helped ice it for the Cats. He was talking about how upset he was that how before the game about ten players on the Texan team, as the national anthem was being played, did not show respect to our flag by placing their hand over their heart. Thank you JEREMY SHOCKEY that flag represents the giving of their life for many Americans and the blood shed for many more for they loved their family and loved ones enough to make these sacrifices. By the way Scott Flower maybe you need to go cover sports in some other country like China or Russia and see how you like that! Oh by the way Mr. Shockey I had an American flag sewed to my number 80 jersey on the way home from the VA hospital. Also all the old guys in the wheel chairs and walkers would like to buy you a beer at VFW Post 2423 Indian Trail, along with the Iraq and Afgan vets. Thank you Mr. Shockey from all the vets and the patriotic Americans."

Your patriotism is appreciated Shockey.

i don't know, he is kind of a buffoon. i don't care that he was trash-talking demeco ryans and them, but it sounds like he just made up a bullshit excuse afterwards. especially considering no one is obligated to put their hand on their chest, and plenty of panthers were exercising that freedom.

Archived