• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who was your Jay Cutler?

Ashor

Bill Goldberg played with the Panthers for a year.

he didnt even play a game for the Panthers, he was the first player cut in Panthers History.

yes...i know that.

the problem is...he wasn't known at that point for that. he was drafted by the rams in '90, picked up by the falcons in '92. picked up and cut by us in '95 before he could ever play a game. his wrestling career started in '97?

you said...

Also I was a big wrestling fan growing up so when we acquired Bill Goldberg I was happy.

do you see a problem here?

Probably Deangelo Williams. I didn't even know anything about him except that he was a RB. I think I remember calling it that we would pick him. His name was just so badass and when I did a little more research into him and looked at highlight tapes I thought we were getting the next Sanders.

whats badass about the name Deangelo..lol

In retrospect, my Cay Jutler would probably have to be Mike Trgovac. I probably won't be as excited to see Peppers leave as much as I enjoyed reading about Trgovac declining our offer and picking up Meeks. Was anyone really excited to see someone else get cut or fired?

In retrospect, my Cay Jutler would probably have to be Mike Trgovac. I probably won't be as excited to see Peppers leave as much as I enjoyed reading about Trgovac declining our offer and picking up Meeks. Was anyone really excited to see someone else get cut or fired?
i was excited to see colbert, carr, foster, and morgan go. i was happy to see jenks go and i was happy to see henning go. nothing thrilled me more than trgo going. that was looooong overdue.

I loved it when we started Chris Weinkie!

Im not kidding I was at the 1st game he started at home with my soon to be exwife and we had our picture taken by the folks at Panthers.com and when I got home from the loss there was our picture on the front page here is a pic it's old but here it is

scan.jpg

We were wearing the rookie jerseys of both of the Panthers hopeful future stars...

Archived