• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Connor to test free agent market

AntiBuc

Connor is a great backup but isn't a starter due to his poor pass coverage skills. If someone wants to overpay him to start for them they should. He wants to start and he definitely won't start here unless Beason can't play. I expect we will let him go elsewhere as I doubt we pay a lot for him given he is a 2 down linebacker.

Connor is a great backup but isn't a starter due to his poor pass coverage skills. If someone wants to overpay him to start for them they should. He wants to start and he definitely won't start here unless Beason can't play. I expect we will let him go elsewhere as I doubt we pay a lot for him given he is a 2 down linebacker.

qft

He's a decent backup but he straight up was not that good for us this year

I've been saying Connor, Munn, Martin, & Pugh will not be here next year and its looking to be true

They have the losing syndrome and are not a Rivera product...likely casualties & expendable

Dan Connor is a fantastic downhill LB. But the front 4 has limited his potential because the DT's can't hold the blocks or take up double teams.

He's a step too slow to play MLB in the 4-3. He can't go sideline to sideline and drop back into coverage because of it.

Solid player, but if he's determined to be the man (and get paid like it) we'll let him walk.

Before you think this is a no-brainer, read this http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/74838-next-seasons-defense-4.html#post3507726

Our run D improves with him in over Beason, our pass D is worse with him in over Beason. I have always maintained our most balanced linebacking trio has been Beason-Conor-Anderson/TD.

Now, I wouldn't pay big money for him to stay as he obviously has limitations. However to get a complete LB we will have to go with our first round pick, which is unlikely. That means we either get a late round selection on a limited LB - aka Connor, or we pick up some vets in free agency which likely will be not cost efficient.

In my opinion, if he isn't in big demand I'd like us to bring him back. Certainly better money to invest in him over Godfrey or Mare contracts dished out. I am not 100% convinced Beason will just spring back in like nothing ever happened.

Some where there is a team that needs an upgrade bad enough at ml, and they will be willing to pay him what he feels he is worth - you can not blame Dan for looking out for his own best interests- Sunday will be his last game as a Carolina Panther

it will be good news for mick mixon who wont be calling him dan morgan anymore

Archived