• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JaMarcus Russell supposedly fires back at Cam Newton

Car123

if jamarcus wrote that, he did have a point. but everyone just kept saying newton was going to be jr 2.0, so i think thats what newton is talking about.

i understand that he is defending himself, but Newton was basically saying that people kept comparing him to Russell and Young and i admit, i compared him a tad bit to Young, but i meant it in a pretty good way, i thought he would be a better passer than Young, but be a similar runner, but many put him in the Russell category and that likely frustrated Cam.

You guys realize that Russell was an SEC Academic Honor roll student right?? Just wondering because although he is lazy he definitely isn't an idiot.

that likely is true, but he sure doesnt act like he was an SEC Academic Honor Roll student because if he was, then he would've realized that it takes work to win in the NFL and he would've realized that being 280 pounds is NOT a good thing for being a pro QB and he also wouldnt put half the blame on the coaches and blame himself for why he failed and try to improve and WORK on his issues, so like i said, he maybe an honor roll student, but he doesnt show it.

The VY response should be hilarious..

oh, i am sure it will, let's just hope he doesnt include the word's dream or team.

Quarterback's is, huh...

Try reading the way it was written.

»

Jamarcus Russell

RealJRock2 Jamarcus Russell

Dude is having a Great rookie season, and my football career to this point is what it is,but to blame me for America's perception of black..

29 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply

notice the ellipsis, signifying the sentence is not complete

Quarterbacks is just ignorant and not only disregards the plight and strides made by those who came before us, but gives those who do have..

29 Dec Favorite Retweet Reply

in other words,

Dude is having a Great rookie season, and my football career to this point is what it is,but to blame me for America's perception of black Quarterbacks is just ignorant and not only disregards the plight and strides made by those who came before us, but gives those who do have Hidden racial agendas a ready-made excuse to spew their garbage

I've met Russell in real life. He's a pretty nice and down to earth guy. Kinda hard to join in on the mocking whenever his name comes up. My last post was just a joking jab.

That said- I still respect Newton for not playing the race card. If Russel has to be the brunt of a few jokes to make Newton even harder to hate-which is significant for the black community as a whole-then that's the way it is.

I understand that it isn't fair. I do. I really do, especially when Russell is right in saying that there are some bigots out there who don't deserve to be sheltered. But if Newton being more and more liked only makes those bigots look more and more foolish and less and less credible, then it's hard to disapprove. Grits is the perfect example of this.

Russell had his chance to be "that guy" and as Newton said, he blew it. But it doesn't mean his life is over-if he wants to, and works to, he can still be something. But that's up to him, whining about Cam's comments certainly won't do it.

Also, you should never start a sentence with the words "and" or "but." Do as I say not as I do, kids.

I've met Russell in real life. He's a pretty nice and down to earth guy. Kinda hard to join in on the mocking whenever his name comes up. My last post was just a joking jab.

That said- I still respect Newton for not playing the race card. If Russel has to be the brunt of a few jokes to make Newton even harder to hate-which is significant for the black community as a whole-then that's the way it is.

I understand that it isn't fair. I do. I really do, especially when Russell is right in saying that there are some bigots out there who don't deserve to be sheltered. But if Newton being more and more liked only makes those bigots look more and more foolish and less and less credible, then it's hard to disapprove. Grits is the perfect example of this.

Russell had his chance to be "that guy" and as Newton said, he blew it. But it doesn't mean his life is over-if he wants to, and works to, he can still be something. But that's up to him, whining about Cam's comments certainly won't do it.

Also, you should never start a sentence with the words "and" or "but." Do as I say not as I do, kids.

You most get a boner everytime you speak his name.

Lol yeah JR was an honor roll student probably taking advanced PE and Comm classes at a school that thought he poo gold. He was their wonderful QB. I'll take that with a grain of salt.

like i wrote, he maybe an honor roll student, but he doesnt act like one

i agree 100% here. if he wants to be great or wants all the jokes and everything bad associated with him to disappear, then do something about it, work hard, get better.

Russell wasnt whining, simply responding and defending himself which he is entitled. Since Cam cant be honest for fear of being labeled an "angry black man" or playing the "race card" by acknowledging bias at QB its on people like Moon and the fans to hold bigots accountable. Its not about gaining and wanting acceptance more like correcting and checking ignorance. They wouldnt give Cam a pass if he came in and flopped so we aint giving them one for being biased towards white guys theyll short one of these black kids.

Russell wasnt whining, simply responding and defending himself which he is entitled. Since Cam cant be honest for fear of being labeled an "angry black man" or playing the "race card" by acknowledging bias at QB its on people like Moon and the fans to hold bigots accountable. Its not about gaining and wanting acceptance more like correcting and checking ignorance. They wouldnt give Cam a pass if he came in and flopped so we aint giving them one for being biased towards white guys theyll short one of these black kids.

Well said King!!!!

Archived