• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney reflects on this season - and next

AntiBuc

Was he speaking in code? :sosp: I got 0 from that interview. Repeated himself as well. Why give an interview if you aren't going to say anything? I'll never understand.

Might as well just send out a press release....

Q. You made the commitment last offseason to lock up your core. Your free agent list this year is not as extensive, but some important guys are on there. Who among those guys is the priority?

Our philosophy, without getting into individuals, is always to try to keep your own core players and build through the draft. Then you have to complement through the other avenues – free agency, the waiver wire. We’re going to continue that philosophy. Our free agent list isn’t nearly as long as it was a year ago, but we want to keep the players we feel are part of our core.

So when asked a question about individuals, you answer with "without getting into individuals" :lol:

lol I know we get mad when panther figures give non-answers when it comes to interviews, but in this particular case Joe Person is doing such a terrible job at trying to get answers out of Marty I can't blame him

"so if you lost chud, how does it affect you?"

ok first of all

1. not specific

2. way too straightforward to extract any info in a subtle fashion

3. it makes him sound like he doesn't watch any football and Sorensen casually mentioned to him the offense was good while they were trawling for ninja turtle pogs on amazon

What a robot. Just how he answers the first question "That's our business." tells me this is not an informative interview.

eh? He meant that you lose coaches all the time, it's just part of the business. What did you expect him to do, start a thread on the Huddle crying that the offense was doomed?

I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting out of this interview. He can't really give any information away until after the draft/free agency because contract situations and draft picks can be a delicate situation, and you don't want to telegraph what you are going to do.

I'm really not sure what you guys are expecting out of this interview. He can't really give any information away until after the draft/free agency because contract situations and draft picks can be a delicate situation, and you don't want to telegraph what you are going to do.

Bingo. Pointless to try and extract any sort of pertinent information from ANY general manager at this point. The best you're going to get is some sort of season review.

What a robot. Just how he answers the first question "That's our business." tells me this is not an informative interview.

I took that to mean "The possibility of Chud leaving is just the nature of the NFL" rather than "F you - I'm not telling you anything". Very tough, however, to know when it's in print and not face-to-face.

"Defensively, it’s always important in this league now – because it’s a passing league – to improve your pass rush. So if something comes up there in the front seven, I think that’s important."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/01/03/2896771/hurney-reflects-on-this-season.html#storylink=cpy

Perhaps Hurney is keeping a weather eye out for Mario Williams?:D

That was the only telling point of the interview and I agree.

I took that to mean "The possibility of Chud leaving is just the nature of the NFL" rather than "F you - I'm not telling you anything". Very tough, however, to know when it's in print and not face-to-face.

Yea he said it in a way that it appeared he has resigned himself to losing him.He needs to be fighting like hell to keep him

Archived