• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

JawnyBlaze

I think I would be on board with Brockers. I suspect he will destroy the combine and he is impressive but I worry about Dorsey and that other DE who I don't remember his name who were busts coming from LSUs DL. I think Brockers is worth the risk. While we hope McClain and Fua can become solid starters and maybe make a pro bowl or two, Brockers has a chance to be a guy to anchor the interior DL and be a perennial all-pro and I don't think we can pass on that.

Also this adds another guy in the draft who I view as a legit top 10 caliber pick with super star potential. We are picking 8 and I see 7 guys who are above the rest in terms of value...

Andrew Luck

Matt Kalil

Morris Claiborne

RG3

Justin Blackmon

Dre Kirkpatrick

Michael Brockers

My concern is that those guys are the top 7 picks and we are stuck picking a player at 8 who I view as a level below those guys. Hopefully one of those guys drop (besides the QBs) and we can take them at 8 if not hopefully someone really likes either Richardson, Rieff, Coples, etc and we are able to trade down.

All of the draft pundits seem to think Brockers is a legit Top 10 pick.. in the Bama game, he really struggled against the Bama center.. because he was 6'1" and got underneath his pads with ease. I still thought Brockers did well for a game that he supposedly struggled in.

I can get behind this pick if we take a secondary position in the 2nd round.

when did he struggle during the NC game?he looked damn good.

Did you notice he kept falling down? He fell down like 4 times that I saw. It was because he was trying to get really low out of his 3 point stance, and he could not consistently get under the pads of Bama's center because he was so short. A couple of the time that he fell down, he actually still made the tackle on the RB, lol.

Did you notice he kept falling down? He fell down like 4 times that I saw. It was because he was trying to get really low out of his 3 point stance, and he could not consistently get under the pads of Bama's center because he was so short. A couple of the time that he fell down, he actually still made the tackle on the RB, lol.

i seen him fall when being doubled team maybe twice. but he was not moved all that much and stayed on the other side of the LOS. he also could redirect well and locate the football.SI.com has us taking him in their mock.

i seen him fall when being doubled team maybe twice. but he was not moved all that much and stayed on the other side of the LOS. he also could redirect well and locate the football.SI.com has us taking him in their mock.

Falling down = struggling no matter how you spin it. But he is athletic enough to still make an impact even on his knees. I would love taking him in the Top 10 if he is as good as most draft guru's think he is.. that was the only game where I watched him closely as a potential prospect. Some people are saying he is a 2nd round pick.. so I am not sure who to believe yet.

If we stay at 8, I saw we will take him. If tha Panthers Move back we will get a DB and LB imo....Fua was out of position too much this year. this guy has tooooo much potential and size to pass up on....a physical freak is what we need on our DLine....because we do not have one that can create match up problems...

Archived