• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh COTY

g5jamz

I don't think it is "Nuff said".

I know most of you saw the San Fran, New Orleans game Saturday.

How many times could the 49ers with a 1st year head coach have tried to back into a win and settle for a FG here or a FG there and tried for the safe points today?

You and I must have watched a different game.

SF played it safe, or did exactly what most coaches would have done on most of their critical plays. For example, on the winning td, they got it close enough for the fg, but took a shot at the end zone before settling for the fg. Almost all NFL coaches would have done that. Credit Harbaugh or their offensive coordinator for calling plays though that actually scored.

FYI, they kicked more field goals this year than any other team in the NFC.

Its not being willing to go for it that separates a winner from a loser. Plenty of failed coaches are very aggressive that regard. Its going for it and actually succeeding that separates winners from losers.

And fwiw, the difference in the game yesterday was turnovers. New Orleans turned it over 4 times and Sf only once. Turnovers equalized the game, and allowed SF to have a shot at winning against a team that had a superior offense.

he was my coach of the year before the Saints win and he's still my coach of the year now. i understand that most of this team was from Singletary's team, but Harbaugh is getting alot out of them. that defense is great and adding Aldon Smith was huge, signing Carlos Rogers was also really huge, same with trading for Donte Witner.

as for the offense, he has made Smith into a better QB and that is why i think he's a great coach. he may have saved Smith's career.

I just want to clarify I never scoffed at JR, I always thought he was unrealistic.

I will make fun of him to hell however for not knowing who one of the best coaches is and a side of me (football fan side) finds it kind of pathetic.

I love Harbaugh's play to win, aggressive style of coaching. I hope Rivera employs more of that mentality going forward..though its more likely not going to be the case, as he is a defensive coach...and field position is paramount to such.
rivera's not your typical defensive minded coach. he comes form an aggressive minded coaching tree and has that translated to both sides of the ball.

foxball is gone.

Archived