• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Can't Wait....

DangerClose

For Mare to be gone. The question is, will they get rid of him? Several options I see here, but I lack any kind of inside information, and all of this is mere speculation.

1. Retained due to contract and cap hit.

2. Retained but only for kickoff duties. FA or late late draft pick for FG duties?

3. Released.

4. Traded????

Any of this off the mark? I think our kicking game/special teams in general needs some serious revamping. New coach should help with that. Thoughts?

Our ST coach gets a pass due to injuries, forcing ST players to start and get injured, forcing PS players to start and get injured, forcing hoodrats to start and get injured. No congruent ST roster will not allow for any consistency.

AE on PR needs to be replaced. If the best part of your PR game is not fumbling, then there's something wrong.

Pilares on KR needs to be replaced. He had 2 good returns which padded his stats for a little, but with so little kick offs being fielded for a return due that horrible rule, his KR average went from inflated to less than mediocre fast. Let him focus on slot duties.

Baker needs to be replaced. I think I read somewhere that he was 36th in punters in a league that has 32 teams. D'oh. How much of that is his ability vs our streetscrubs' inability to properly cover a punt? I'm not sure, but there were many times when his punts set up the returner for success.

Mare needs to be replaced. If you're an NFL kicker who can't consistently make 30 yarders, then you need to join the Gramatica brothers on the couch. I had to wince everytime we lined up for a FG, or for an extra point for that matter.

After writing this, considering the poo that our ST coach had to work with, he did pretty decent. Give that man a raise!!!

I'm sure we'll keep Mare...I don't want him, but they will.

I feel that the team was just sticking fingers in the dikes last year & will draft & bring in the right players to solidify special teams this year. THe coach, Murphy did a good job in Minnesota from all appearances, so get rid of AE, bring in some solid plaers who can fill the needs on STs & let's see how well Murphy can coach them up.

Archived