• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Secondary knows they are sucking buttholes.

Kurb

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1011829.html

Cornerbacks Ken Lucas and Richard Marshall have each given up big plays lately, and there have been communication issues in the secondary with rookie safety Charles Godfrey. So while there's a general sense the defense is beginning to turn around, Lucas said his group has to get better quickly.

This week's opponent, Denver, remains the league's third-ranked passing offense at 280.5 yards per game.

"Cover. Cover. Don't allow the big play," Lucas said when asked what he needs to improve. "We have shown we can do it in the past, and we've just got to get back to doing it the way we did it the old way.

"We haven't been covering as well as we have in the past. But we have been coming out with the win. That's the epitome of this team, it might not be a pretty win as some people say, but we have been finding ways to win."

Panthers coach John Fox declined a chance to evaluate Lucas' recent play, using his familiar overall reasoning: "I think our defense has been a big reason why we're 10-3, and I think it was Monday night, too."

But Lucas admitted he had struggled, which has become obvious after a stronger start this year.

"To be honest, I really don't have any answers for you," he said. "All I can say is we have to cover better, that's all. I don't know what you all are trying to get out of me, want me to say right now, we just have to cover better. We've shown that in the past, and we just have to get back to it.

I would bet the reporters are trying to get Luc and Marshal to throw Godfrey under the bus or some such. Props on them for seeing that.

Let's hope this sillyness gets fixed in this short week.

I was watching the NFL Channel replay last night. The Bryant TD where Lucas got the flag for illegal contact was all on Lucas. He didn't deserve the flag but he got beat. Bryant did a move and Lucas looked to have tripped over his own feet. At least on that play, Godfrey's coverage was not the problem.

If you see the play from the correct angle, Bryant slapped Lucas up side the head, and knocked him down on that play.

Total bullshit call all the way around.

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1011829.html

I would bet the reporters are trying to get Luc and Marshal to throw Godfrey under the bus or some such. Props on them for seeing that.

Let's hope this sillyness gets fixed in this short week.

Shut the heck up. Who cares about someone "throwing someone under the bus"?

What they need to do is stop getting BURNED.

Shut the heck up. Who cares about someone "throwing someone under the bus"?

What they need to do is stop getting BURNED.

Hi nice to talk with you as well today kind sir. Might you want a bit of reading comprehension to go with that rather unpleasant attitude.

One might note the article is full of references to .."ahem" needing to stop getting burnt.

While comment did not address such, I assure you as soon as the team starts blaming each other (note my under the bus comment) the situation will get much worse.

Have a super day!:D

So is everyone in agreement that Lucas was not at fault on the long pass play down the left side that Godfrey failed to cover. Lucas had another receiver coming into his zone underneath that is his responsiblity and Godfrey was VERY late in getting over to pick up Bryant. I believe they pushed him out at the two on that play but definitely not Lucas' fault.

One thing that hasnt been mentioned on ANY bulletin boards is something that has saved at least three games and probably more for us this year. Goal line stands. Tampa, Green Bay, Chicago come to memory but drinking during games sometimes erases other games. Now I know Atlanta tore us up on the goal line but each one of those stands came at a crucial time in the game.

I know Chicago wasnt goal line but 4 and 1.

Go Panthers. Hoover quit dropping passes when nobody is within 30 yards of you. :)

I was watching the NFL Channel replay last night. The Bryant TD where Lucas got the flag for illegal contact was all on Lucas. He didn't deserve the flag but he got beat. Bryant did a move and Lucas looked to have tripped over his own feet. At least on that play, Godfrey's coverage was not the problem.

Yeah it was quite obvious that Bryant should have gotten a flag if anyone w=should have on that play.:beatdeadhorse5:

My fear is it's in their heads now and they are going to press. They need to just relax and get back to basics. I wonder if Trgo is throwing more sh*t in the mix now versus his "Simplify the D" strategy from earlier this year?

Archived