• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I love these pics of Eli from last night's game.

beckersteen

Huh?? What does this have to do with the carolina panthers?? I have the utmost respect for them and think they are going to be a very good team in the future, I just find you stating romo rivers and ryan better than eli is just mind blowing. Especially ryan? LOL WTF?

It was more about your user name, and the fact that you're a Giants fan posting on a Panthers message board... It also illustrated how Eli isn't always as clutch as everyone wants to scream right now...

Last I checked, Jake Delhomme was pretty good in the postseason too... He didn't get a W in the big game but, aside from his last appearance in January, he was pretty "clutch" in the playoffs too... and I still thought Jake Delhomme sucked then...

It isn't 100% about stats and wins for me... It is about mechanics, and yes I watch a lot of games and look for certain things...

All this is just my opinion, and I feel like I have enough evidence to back it up...

kind of funny that homers of other teams feel the need to come in here and defend their guy when they feel he's being disrespected.

not sure why what is said in here matters to them if we aren't playing each other.

do you have to go out everywhere that your team is being disrespected and fight it?

I actually think Eli is a good QB. I wouldn't take him over Brady, Brees, Newton or Rodgers, but I do think he is good. What's more amazing is how this Giants team with a limited group of linebackers and a depleted secondary is able to play defense so well. Just shows you that pass rush = production and turnovers. That's why I might not be opposed to us taking a DE or DT with the 1st pick, and maybe even a DE or DT with the 2nd. The Giants rotation of pass rush gives their defense a fighting chance.

Romo did have a higher completion percentage, 2 more TDs and 6 less interceptions. Eli did have 800 more yards and a slightly higher yards per attempt but I would say the difference in TD/INT makes Romo better.

Thats nice, but if we go by those stats, The Golden Calf of Bristol has an argument among the top 10 QBs.

All I've ever said is, Eli has a better playoff resume than big brother. His numbers, his wins, everything. Romo doesn't have a say in this conversation until he gets out of the playoff dumpster. He has 1 win...DQ'd in my book.

Peyton and Eli are going to be a huge debate between stat freaks and others who say wins and super bowls mean more.

They are both good QBs and I do not think Eli is not overrated at all. How do you overrate a guy going into the super bowl for the second time anyways?

Now he isn't great or prettiest but he is consistent as hell all the way through and he is good in a lot of aspects but not really great in one. His consistency has led the Giants to be some great teams. He sees games all the way through. His defense isn't bad either.

I would take Eli over any QB in Panthers history (other than Cam obviously) to win the game.

Something about Eli's helmet maybe but his head looks like a big marble.

don't kid yourself Jbro...

Patriots have arguably the best QB and coach in the history of the game, and a defense that is peaking at the perfect time.

There won't be any David Tyree magic this time around...

Too many of my fellow Panthers fans are Patriots haters for whatever reason (not saying you are one of them) and it is understandably so. But I personally respect the way they play the game, and how they do it with very average players at some positions.

The Giants don't even measure up to the Ravens, who had an above average outing against the Pats yesterday.

Patriots by at least 10.

the giants don't measure up to the ravens? wat?

the last two teams the giants beat were better teams than the ravens.

Archived