• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why did Panthers trade away a seventh round pick for a longsnapper?

That's great and all, but what have we gotten out of the 7th round recently?

I'll tell you.

2008 Hillee Taylor, Geoff Schwartz, Mackenzy Bernadeau (jury is out on all 3)

2007 CJ Wilson (ditto)

2006 Will Montgomery, Stanley McClover (both didn't make the team last year)

No picks in 2005

2004 Michael Gaines (never amounted to anything here, last I remember he was playing for the Lions)

2003 Walter Young, Casey Moore (I remember the preseason of Walter Young, and I don't remember anything about Casey Moore)

So, I don't think it's worth lamenting us possibly losing one 7th rounder in 2011.

Go back even farther.. lol

http://www.panthers.com/team/history/college-draft-history.html

The only player I see that amounted to even anything HALF decent in the 7th round was Kris Mangum.

7th rounders aren't worth junk to the Panthers. The odds of grabbing a Wes Welker or similiar in the 7th round (or undrafted) is pretty dang rare. Panthers did a good job with this trade.

Go back even farther.. lol

http://www.panthers.com/team/history/college-draft-history.html

The only player I see that amounted to even anything HALF decent in the 7th round was Kris Mangum.

7th rounders aren't worth junk to the Panthers. The odds of grabbing a Wes Welker or similiar in the 7th round (or undrafted) is pretty dang rare. Panthers did a good job with this trade.

Chad Cota was a solid player, but that was a whole different coaching/scouting staff who picked him.

Jason Kyle is just another casualty of the Peppers curse. He's been the second player we've had to get rid of to satisfy the Peppers monster.

Yeah, that must be it. It couldn't possibly have a thing to do with the fact that his contract expired and the only player on the roster that's older than him is Kasay. That damn Peppers. He should be shot for the economy, global warming, tseunamis, and the very existence of erectile disfunction.

Yeah, that must be it. It couldn't possibly have a thing to do with the fact that his contract expired and the only player on the roster that's older than him is Kasay. That damn Peppers. He should be shot for the economy, global warming, tseunamis, and the very existence of erectile disfunction.

I think that erectile disfunction is enough right there... :lol:

Archived