• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam: My home will always be in Charlotte

SOJA

What does screwing Katy Perry have to do with the Panthers? If you dont like the convo ignore the thread. And remember Panther fans using ESPN/Sportscenter talking points to slam an athlete you know little about is how we almost missed out on our QB.

THe difference is that Katy Perry has it's own thread and I have ignored it. But this was a Cam staying in Charlotte thread and it has now morphed into a Le Bron James conversation which is totally off base and irrelevant. Your comments are as irrelevant to what I posted as your LeBron comments are to Newton. Like I said make a separatre thread and post there instead of polluting football threads. The only reason folks post other topics here are because few people follow the other threads. At least Katy Perry was with Newton, what does LeBron James leaving have to do with Newton staying?? Nothing.

If Cam continues to progress and produce like he did last year I'm certain that the ownership will begin forming plans to extend him past the 4-5 years he's already locked up for. I think offers can be made during or after year 3? Can't see any reason why you wouldn't start working on a plan for that.

If Cam continues to progress and produce like he did last year I'm certain that the ownership will begin forming plans to extend him past the 4-5 years he's already locked up for. I think offers can be made during or after year 3? Can't see any reason why you wouldn't start working on a plan for that.

Sadly basketball and football aren't the same. With basketball it's pretty much like a regular job. If you no longer want to stay in your contract, you can take you business else where. It's doesn't quite seem to be the same with the NFL. Case in point Carson Palmer. And, even the way Peyton is being treated. These players are like slaves to the league. Those in power can do to them as the like but the same isn't always for the players because of the close-knit community that is the NFL.

Only because JR didnt Dan Gilbert him. Trust if he and the fans start treating and talking to him like a slave/ piece of property he will bounce. Theres a reason Heat fans arent worried about LeBron leaving town.

THANK YOU!!!! LeBron played out his contract. He had his "free" paper when he left.

If the Panthers run their organization like Cleveland did Cam will take his "free" papers and leave also, as he should!

Sadly basketball and football aren't the same. With basketball it's pretty much like a regular job. If you no longer want to stay in your contract, you can take you business else where. It's doesn't quite seem to be the same with the NFL. Case in point Carson Palmer. And, even the way Peyton is being treated. These players are like slaves to the league. Those in power can do to them as the like but the same isn't always for the players because of the close-knit community that is the NFL.

When you are making hundreds of thousands even at the least I wouldn't compare that to slavery.

Also, they can walk out whenever they want. They might have to pay back some of their salary though.

Stop making these guys seem humble and better than the average person. They are just like everyone else except they make a lot of money for some of the talents that they have. There is no slavery to the league. They are not sacrificing anything more than what your local stocker is at Food Lion.

But they sign contracts....those are agreements. Case in point, Carson Palmer, the Bengals owner flatly stated that he wanted him to live up to his agreement. I don't know where you are getting the idea that even NBA players can simply take their business elsewhere if they are under contract. Arrangements must be made and accepted by all parties involved....

I don't see the "poor Peyton" angle either. All of the possible outcomes were provided for in his contract that he agreed to, and don't even start with the slavery bullpoo. The case has already been made as to how utterly disrespectful that is from all possible angles.

Archived