• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stadium Controversy Brewing?

Nicbsbll2

I wouldn't be opposed to the city offering to help pay for some of the renovations as a way of thanking the Richardson's for bringing the team, and thus the millions of dollars in economic impact it has created, for buying the team and building the stadium without any public funds.

But then again, I do take a sense of pride in the fact that unlike most other teams, our stadium was built and is maintained entirely by private funds.

I could see millions, those huge light up logo signs at the stadium wont be cheap.

This. I've recently opened a new gas station and 2 simple numbered LED signs cost $5,000. So I can only imagine what a huge sign with custom logo design and requirements would cost. Easily in the six figures. Here are 2 on the outside that have to be re-done.

86511358_d9c867c2e2.jpg

The problem with Charlotte getting a Super Bowl isnt the stadium. Its the few amenities the city has to offer and the lack of premier hotels. Charlotte has to step up its "tourism" game if it wants a huge event like a Super Bowl. We're taking baby steps first with this DNC later this year. If we can handle things like that, maybe down the road we can accommodate the big game.

Indianapolis, Jacksonville, and Detroit say hello.

The problem with Charlotte getting a Super Bowl isnt the stadium. Its the few amenities the city has to offer and the lack of premier hotels. Charlotte has to step up its "tourism" game if it wants a huge event like a Super Bowl. We're taking baby steps first with this DNC later this year. If we can handle things like that, maybe down the road we can accommodate the big game.

Idny can't be much better than Charlotte if at all.

Archived