• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dante Rosario

uptowndlo34

After all the drama of his week one game winning catch, Rosario largely disappeared. There was talk of him not finishing routes and such, which together with the drops likely cost him a lot of trust.

The Panthers gave Jeff King the second round tender, so he likely stays. Put that together with the fact they they've scouted a few "big receiver" type TEs this offseason and I can honestly ponder a 2009 roster that doesn't include Rosario.

Get a good enough TE threat or develop Barnidge, and you might even see King slide to #2 on the depth chart.

(that part's a bit of a reach, though)

Rosario will definitely be on the roster....he has too much potential to allow him to slip away....I belive that he will have a breakout year and show us that raw athletic ability that we saw two years ago

No one really knows what's going to happen with the TEs. Anyone of them could be rolled up into a package and sent away. Either way, as long as Fox is on the sideline and Jake is behind center, I wouldn't count on any one of them reaching their potential.

Yeah, I really like Barnidge, and think he will be a very good TE for us. The biggest knock on him coming out of college was his weight and strength, and they were the only big issues I saw when I watched some Louisville replays after the draft. And fortunately, they are correctable.

Interestingly he weighted as much and did more reps than King comparing their stats from their respective combines. He should grow into his frame and with increased muscle should be the strongest TE on the squad if he applies himself.

None of our TEs are anywhere near the talent of a Jason Witten, Tony Gonzalez, Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates, etc. Thus, they will be treated as such. Last season we had the perfect chance to open up the passing game even more with a WR (Hackett)...and we did nothing with him. Our TEs are here for blocking first, and the occasional catch second.

Or it could have been we just had 2 really good backs and a QB coming off Elbow surgery. There is only one ball and when you have 2 good back plus Steve Smith and Moose your balls are gonna go to them. The TEs just dont get in the play because of our great talent we have.

Or it could have been we just had 2 really good backs and a QB coming off Elbow surgery. There is only one ball and when you have 2 good back plus Steve Smith and Moose your balls are gonna go to them. The TEs just dont get in the play because of our great talent we have.

True in parts, but I doubt any of our TEs would be stars elsewhere.

Archived