• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How bad can Goodell punish Saints?

pdandy1994

Could Goodell bring in some types of NCAA punishments such as denying any postseason trips or vacating past wins? Could he also ban Gregg Williams?

I doubt he does any of that. Remember the NFL spent millions to build up New Orleans after the hurricane, they don't want to be contributing to any demise here. The response will be severe but measured. Fines, loss of draft picks are most likely. I don't think they can ban anyone but could suspend Williams for a year and fine him which both are likely.

Lol i'm thinking most Panther fans are hoping they get to play the Saints with key members of their staff and players suspended.....How weak is that?

If it was any other team in the league, I'd feel the same way...its completely dishonoring the game, worse so than spygate. Its nothing but malicious greed. It just happens to be my least favorite team in the league :D

Lol i'm thinking most Panther fans are hoping they get to play the Saints with key members of their staff and players suspended.....How weak is that?

Of course Greg Williams is no longer on the staff so I'm not sure how much the staff could be punished anyways.

Archived