• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Basically Summing Up the Fan Base For the NFL

uptowndlo34

"Carolina Panthers fans:

Some of the softest, fair weather fans around."

As accurate an assessment I've ever seen. The epitome of the 'wine and cheese crowd', and often, it's more 'whine' than cheese. Rather be seen than heard, or FELT! We could use some Dog Pound mentality here! I hate it that on any given Sunday, depending on who we play, there will be more, FAR MORE, fans representing the other team than us! I drive 700 miles round trip to attend home games. I see no excuses for those who live in or near Charlotte to NOT support their (our) team. It drives me nuts!!! We need to establish a legacy of crowd support that intimidates teams, even if we have a losing team record-wise during any given year.

Go 'Cats..

Carolina Panther Fans:

Some of the least knowledgeable fans in football. You could show up to the ticket window right before game time and get tickets. As you enter the stadium you will see nothing but corporate workers in suts who have no knowledge of the game of football and are only good for their golf claps after a touchdown. There is also a great chance you could move up to the front row midway through the third quarter. Mostly the stadium is silent and you can hear the sound of a pin drop except at halftime when the team is down 10-7 and you hear a handful of boos. They don't seem to appreciate a QB who since 2003 has the most 4th quarter comebacks and third most wins in the league (third most behind guys named Brady and Manning). They show there football knowledge by bashing a guy named Julius Peppers who ended the season with almost 16 sacks. They say things like he takes plays off or is not trying. They do not seem to grasp that not everyone can get 30 sacks a season, ecspecially when he has no pass rush from the other three spots on the d-line. Then they wonder why he wants to leave town.

Carolina Panthers fans:

Some of the most complacent, excuse-making unassertive ho-hum fans of any team I've ever seen, whether it be football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or NCAA teams. There's no goal to strive to be the best, the only goal they know is "AVOID 1-15!!". The difference between Panther fans and fans of other, more prestigious teams, like Giants fans, is they don't understand if they should expect something from the team or not, and just enjoy the $10 beers and sunny weather and "Cat Scratch Fever" playing on the speaker system in the stadium. Most Panther fans are satisfied with mediocrity, but more than satisfied with 12-4 and a lousy playoff showing. ...Ask a Giant fan if he was satisfied with going 12-4 and getting their ass kicked at home, ...just like we did, and they most likely refuse to talk about it, even if they did win the superbowl just the year before.

"Carolina Panthers fans:

As accurate an assessment I've ever seen. The epitome of the 'wine and cheese crowd', and often, it's more 'whine' than cheese. Rather be seen than heard, or FELT! We could use some Dog Pound mentality here! I hate it that on any given Sunday, depending on who we play, there will be more, FAR MORE, fans representing the other team than us! I drive 700 miles round trip to attend home games. I see no excuses for those who live in or near Charlotte to NOT support their (our) team. It drives me nuts!!! We need to establish a legacy of crowd support that intimidates teams, even if we have a losing team record-wise during any given year.

Go 'Cats..

:D

Carolina Panther Fans:

Some of the least knowledgeable fans in football. You could show up to the ticket window right before game time and get tickets. As you enter the stadium you will see nothing but corporate workers in suts who have no knowledge of the game of football and are only good for their golf claps after a touchdown. There is also a great chance you could move up to the front row midway through the third quarter. Mostly the stadium is silent and you can hear the sound of a pin drop except at halftime when the team is down 10-7 and you hear a handful of boos. They don't seem to appreciate a QB who since 2003 has the most 4th quarter comebacks and third most wins in the league (third most behind guys named Brady and Manning). They show there football knowledge by bashing a guy named Julius Peppers who ended the season with almost 16 sacks. They say things like he takes plays off or is not trying. They do not seem to grasp that not everyone can get 30 sacks a season, ecspecially when he has no pass rush from the other three spots on the d-line. Then they wonder why he wants to leave town.

Carolina Panthers fans:

Some of the most complacent, excuse-making unassertive ho-hum fans of any team I've ever seen, whether it be football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or NCAA teams. There's no goal to strive to be the best, the only goal they know is "AVOID 1-15!!". The difference between Panther fans and fans of other, more prestigious teams, like Giants fans, is they don't understand if they should expect something from the team or not, and just enjoy the $10 beers and sunny weather and "Cat Scratch Fever" playing on the speaker system in the stadium. Most Panther fans are satisfied with mediocrity, but more than satisfied with 12-4 and a lousy playoff showing. ...Ask a Giant fan if he was satisfied with going 12-4 and getting their ass kicked at home, ...just like we did, and they most likely refuse to talk about it, even if they did win the superbowl just the year before.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Fans:

A modest group of fans that expect to have a top 10 defense year to year, no matter the situation. Never expecting their offense to do much of anything, so they fall back on believing they have one of the better defenses in the NFL to hold them up. Always optimistic about their team as year to year, they can never truly put a judgment on their record for the next coming season. A fan base who is use to their team being put into the ground by the media year to year and still always sees their team as the underdog, even coming off NFC South Titles every few years.

I think that sums us as a whole... we aren't a over zealous group for the most part. We are just use to being expected to be last place even when we come of 11-12 win seasons. Nothing new...

Didn't read it.

Pittsburgh Steelers fans:

Some of the most satisfied and knowledgeable fans around. Steeler Nation is also very loyal, and trust the decision making of their FO that has earned that trust for more than three decades with good, solid, fundamental personnel decisions. Never going off the deep end, getting too high or too low, the patience of Steeler fan is as legendary as many of those who have donned the black and gold at Three Rivers Stadium, and now Heinz Field. Arguably the most loyal fan base around, with the most level-headed expectations.

Steeler Fans,

Some of the loudest raucous fans in the league. They are staunchly loyal and folllow their team better than any other. They are true blue collar fans and and live and die by their team. They surely don't hate everyone and anyone like the Eagles but have never been considered reasonable, level headed or patient.

"Carolina Panthers fans:

As accurate an assessment I've ever seen. The epitome of the 'wine and cheese crowd', and often, it's more 'whine' than cheese. Rather be seen than heard, or FELT!

This was the most accurate post in the thread.

Chicago Bears Fans:

Nobody talks more sh*t about the Bears than Bears fans. They will turn on a player the second he throws an interception or drops a pass. Quick to judge, quick to boo. They trust and are loyal to their defense, and this is well justified. They are forever wary of the offense, coaches, and especially the FO which is fully warranted. They begin each year confident and full of excitement about off season FA pickups. By week 3 they are cursing the QBs and preaching doom and gloom each week. They will continue to do so despite being in the playoff hunt or not. They constantly reminisce about Ditka and the 85 Bears. They cling to that victory more than any other fan base has ever hung on to a single championship.

y would u say anything when your SCREEN NAME implies the very thing the original post stated.

My screen name is the winning play from the double OT game in 2003. What does that have to do with this topic? And if you haven't been paying any attention, this Lone Buc Fan guy is a Tampa Bay fan who comes in to every thread bashing the Panthers at every chance. So like I said, his opinion is not surprising.

Archived