• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D-Will or Stewart trade?

klumme

I swear I made a thread or a post saying trade Stew for a 1st maybe 2 years ago. And I dont even wanna talk about the reactions

I understand. I have taken quite a beating over the last year or so doing the same thing. I would actually lose hope for our organization if they continue their shortsighted ways. If they try to sign Stewart, which I think they will not since he was not extended, I would question their commitment to winning.

Williams cap his is the lowest of his contract during the year that Stewart's contract runs up. I doubt that's a coincidence. Our cap will get a significant boast with the new TV contracts in 2014. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we resign Stewart and then restructure Dwill in the future.

Im sure Stewart is one that will be traded if they trade anyone. a source told ESPN radio according to my panthers friend who listens to it all day every day when he's up. He will be a free agent at end of next year and has said he doesn't want to re-sign and won't because he wants to fully start somewhere else and leave by free agency. The panthers know this and this is why they are looking at Tolbert so they could see what kind of trade they could get out of stewart now and get good draft picks or players and still have a good two back tandem!

People kill me that keep yelling to resign Stewart. Yall dont get it, what if Stewart doesnt want to resign??? What if he doesnt want to be here anymore?? At the end of the day there is nothing the panthers can do about that. If thats the case then they have to make the right business decison and get some kind of compensation for him. I want stewart to stay as much as the next person, but if he doesnt want to stay then something has to be done to benefit, we cant keep letting great players walk for nothing.

People kill me that keep yelling to resign Stewart. Yall dont get it, what if Stewart doesnt want to resign??? What if he doesnt want to be here anymore?? At the end of the day there is nothing the panthers can do about that. If thats the case then they have to make the right business decison and get some kind of compensation for him. I want stewart to stay as much as the next person, but if he doesnt want to stay then something has to be done to benefit, we cant keep letting great players walk for nothing.

Pretty simple, he deserves to be the feature back and cannot get that money here as we are out of cash. Do not blame him, he deserves to be the man somewhere

I keep reliving the Peppers situation, which could have pocketed some nice picks. So that's why a situation like this, should warrant some sort of consideration when it comes to 'business decisions' on Stewart. I'd like to see him stay, but he might want to find greener pastures.

Pretty simple, he deserves to be the feature back and cannot get that money here as we are out of cash. Do not blame him, he deserves to be the man somewhere

EXACTLY! People that think that Stewart has EVERY reason to stay here and not leave are not thinking logically, if he stays he probably wont get a contract like Deangelo's (expected to take less money) and he wont get carries like a back of his caliber deserves. The same reasons people are wanting him to stay and think that he will consider staying are in the same ball park as people calling saints fans dumb for thinking Nicks was gonna stay in New Orleans. Come on people, dont go down that route.

EXACTLY! People that think that Stewart has EVERY reason to stay here and not leave are not thinking logically, if he stays he probably want get a contract like Deangelo's (expected to take less money) and he wont get carries like a back of his caliber deserves. The same reasons people are wanting him to stay and think that he will consider staying are in the same ball park as people calling saints fans dumb for thinking Nicks was gonna stay in New Orleans. Come on people, dont go down that route.

he will want a better contract than Williams.

Archived