• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Top Ten Draft Buzz Builds For Wr Floyd

L-TownCat

Most observers expected Notre Dame receiver Michael Floyd to be drafted in the late teens to early 20s when the college season ended. But the latest pre-draft buzz on Floyd indicates he may go as early as the top ten.

And a host of teams picking early want one-on-one time with Floyd before the draft.

Appearing on Sirius NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt on Sunday, Floyd revealed that he’s already visited the Browns and Panthers. He worked out for the Philadelphia Eagles this past week, and will visit the Titans, Rams, Bengals, and Jets during the coming week. The Cardinals, Dolphins, 49ers, and Vikings will host Floyd the following week.

That’s eleven teams, nine of which draft in the top-17 picks. Five pick in the top ten.

During one of his marvelously informative pre-draft Twitter rants recently, NFL Films producer Greg Cosell compared Floyd to Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe. After watching Notre Dame and Oklahoma State game tape, Cosell also hinted that he prefers Floyd over Justin Blackmon.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/08/top-ten-buzz-builds-as-floyd-lines-up-several-pre-draft-visits/

Are we to believe Hurney and co are really this openminded about the draft?

I agree on his first round prowess but this team needs a little prudence and more than slight attention to the "other" side of the ball.

I agree and i'm sure quite a few of the top 10 on the big board are defensive players. But if an offensive player they love is available, you take him.

I've official added Floyd to the list of Offensive Players I wouldn't mind us taking with the #9 pick (Kalil, Blackmon, and Floyd). Because of Floyds speed and size, I think the bust factor is extremely low. I still think there's a big chance Claiborne drops to us though.

I've official added Floyd to the list of Offensive Players I wouldn't mind us taking with the #9 pick (Kalil, Blackmon, and Floyd). Because of Floyds speed and size, I think the bust factor is extremely low. I still think there's a big chance Claiborne drops to us though.

The latter part interests me.... Why do you think Claiborne would fall to us? I can't see it happening, but am curious as to how you see it.

Offensive Players will be coming off the board early and often. I use to think Tampa was the key to us getting Claiborne, but now I think it's the Rams.

We can all agree on the first 3 picks. Well after that I have Cleveland taking Blackmon, Tampa taking Richardson, Rams taking the lineman out of Iowa or trading down, Jags taking Ingram or Coples, Miami taking Tannehill, and bam there you have it.

Anything is likely when it comes to the Draft.

Last year around this time if I would've told you that PP7 would drop to # 5 you would've thought I was crazy as hell. Not only was he slated as the best defensive player in the draft, but most had him as the best overall player in the draft.

Archived