• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tanard Jackson?

chknwing

wtf.. so Claiborne isn't a good option but an old vet who failed a physical would be...

makes perfect sense..

Not sure what Claiborne has to do with it but Jackson is by no means old....he's 26

I'd bet his release has much less to do with a physical and more to do with his attitude so no thanks.

Not sure what Claiborne has to do with it but Jackson is by no means old....he's 26

I'd bet his release has much less to do with a physical and more to do with his attitude so no thanks.

relates to another thread about Claiborne.. the point still remains..

bleys is trolling because I do not share his man crush for Claiborne

bleys is trolling because I do not share his man crush for Claiborne

I haven't once stated I want Claiborne (although I think it can go unsaid).. however, you're flawed logic is definitely worth pointing out... and so I have (in both threads)..

try not to use the trolling card too often, it should be reserved for legitimate trolling, instead of trying to derail legitimate questions upon one's thought process..

Jackson had surgery on his shoulder. They didn't want to give him the time that it takes for the shoulder to heal, and they released him because "they are going in a different direction". But, he is expected to be back 100 percent before the season. Per NFL.com:

Just three months removed from shoulder surgery, Jackson's timeline would not have permitted him to be ready to pass a physical at this time, his agent, Peter Schaffer, told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora. Schaffer said Jackson will be 100 percent recovered this offseason and anticipates several teams being interested in the young safety, who has been an impact player when healthy.

Jackson is a decent corner with some upside, IMO. I would definitely list him B-Stock with A potential. The thing is is that he has had some injury issues:

"Man, my shoulder been injured since '09 and something that I put off and I played through a series of injuries," Jackson said. "Not to make excuses for the way I played, but I had a lot of injuries last year, two bad hamstrings and a torn rotator cuff. My body feels good right now. Obviously, there's more work to do but I'll be ready to play football."

Probably won't demand a whole lot monetarily. May be worth a flier, even with the recent pick-ups, but I'd kinda be surprised if we show interest.

its the offseason, why they giving him a physical in april? if he came to training camp completly out of shape, thats one thing, but its april.

They give physicals before a player shows up for offseason workouts which start this month. Plus if you are going to retain players or let them go you give them a physical first. Because if you release guys, if they are hurt because of a football related injury, you have to offer them an injury settlement I believe.

Sign Tarnard Jackson?

Before signing Reggie Smith- No.

After signing Reggie Smith- lol with what money?

I'm pretty sure Steve's extension freed up 5 million and on June 1st we get another 6 million from cutting Wharton.

Release Martin and pick him up. That would be good to me.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82481ed5/Martin-seals-Panthers-win

From now on anytime someone talks poo on Sherrod, I think I'll post that video. Not saying the dude is the answer at Safety but, he has some moves and is not that bad. Definitely better than Tanard Jackson.

Archived