• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Just Don't See Us Taking A Dt Or A Cb Today

teeray

I agree with Teeray.

The Panthers kicked the tires on a lot of WR's. It would not surprise me at all to see them go in this direction if the guy they want is still there.

Once you get beyond LaFell, there isn't much on our roster. Gettis is an unknown, despite what many claim.

If Gettis is unknown what is Brandon Hogan?

I'm not sure why that would freak everyone out. Gross is getting old, Otah can't stay on the field, and we have a bunch of nobodies who will be competing to start at both guard spots.

If we could land a nice OL prospect at #40, I'd be thrilled.

I would be fine with it and it's a big need but this place tends to think you pick a position to fill and just fill it with whoever is the best ranked on some bloggers site. It's much more fluid obviously.

Agree with you on DT. Disagree on cb. Even if Hogan is our #2, we have below avg guys behind them. In our division, you need 3-4 good cb's.

I understand this but it comes down to who is available when we pick. If Jenkins is gone I don't see another CB who is rated above the O-line, TE, or WR talent that will still be there. Maybe, maybe Trumaine Johnson. But I don't see him ranked higher than the guys who will still be on the board.

I agree with the OP. For better or worse they don't seem to view DT as a huge need. If we had drafted a CB in the 2nd last year that just happened to get hurt for the year then people wouldn't be clamoring for a CB early this year. That's what we got in Hogan in the 4th last year.

They've already addressed LB early and they've brought in plenty of bodies for the safety position so I think the 2nd pick is going to be either DE or offense.

I understand this but it comes down to who is available when we pick. If Jenkins is gone I don't see another CB who is rated above the O-line, TE, or WR talent that will still be there. Maybe, maybe Trumaine Johnson. But I don't see him ranked higher than the guys who will still be on the board.

I agree with you on not reaching. Problem is that we don't know how the Panthers have these guys rated. All of our opinions are based on what we hear.

I agree with you on not reaching. Problem is that we don't know how the Panthers have these guys rated. All of our opinions are based on what we hear.

That is true. I am just going off of consensus rankings and process of elimination. At the end of the day I have no idea what the Panthers board looks like. It is just speculation. Just trying to pre-empt the board meltdown if we go offense in the second.

Why don't people seem to get the fact that the coaches are the ones who actually see things from the inside out? Rivera and company just might believe that WR is a bigger need than DT or CB? Edwards and Hogan are on deck. Fua and McClain are still developing. Their development or "baseline talent" may be deemed more advanced than that of our WR corps. Don't you get it?

That is true. I am just going off of consensus rankings and process of elimination. At the end of the day I have no idea what the Panthers board looks like. It is just speculation. Just trying to pre-empt the board meltdown if we go offense in the second.

Agreed

I can really see we, OL, WR, DE, Cb, and DT as real possibilities.

It is wild wild west

Guest Bwood

I just don't think you can pass on franchise offensive guard talent like Cordy Glenn or Amini Silatolu if available.

Archived