• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did The Browns Do The Worst Trade Ever?

malik

they were worried TB would possibly trade up for Richardson I guess

I thought it was a horrible move but I can't decide if which of their 1st round picks was worse

giving up 3 picks to move up one spot and take a RB #3 overall.... or taking a QB that'll be 29 this season and still needs time to develop with their other 1st

Browns continue to be the Browns, what else can you say

Im sorry but Weeton (sp?) doesnt need time to develop. He is a stud. Beat Luck and RG3 and is one of the most accurate passers in the draft.

I gotta admit, Holmgren has lost his touch. Sure they got a stud RB but that trade was a head scratcher for sure. And drafting a 30 year old QB in the first round? I'm not sure about that one, either.

Unfortunately, I have the privilege of hearing about the Brownies non stop from my gf's family as they are all from NE Ohio. Colt McCoy is marketed heavily up there and I've been telling them for a year now that he is a scrub and they needed to get rid of him. He is a pussy and has a noodle for an arm. I'm sure when I go up there again they'll be all over Wheeden and how great he is lol.

If Weeden is good, his age isn't an issue as a late 1st rounder is well worth at least half a decade of good QB play. If he isn't good, making him younger wouldn't have helped that. The only thing his age does is prevent him from being a long term project, but these days those types of QBs don't usually become much more than backups anyway.

That had me so puzzled during the draft. I was just saying, uhmmmm adrian peterson? Did the browns really think they might draft trent richardson?

They weren't worried about Minnu drafting him....

Minny probably suggested they would trade the pick to another team so that they could take him...

The browns had 13 draft picks.....not all of them would have made the team. So take a couple, trade up, and get the guy you want.....4th through 7 th round picks usually are nt day one starters.....TR is......

Not the worst draft day move ever......not by a long shot

I'm glad they did it. I wouldn't have wanted TB to move up & then have to stop that beast 2x/year. Obviously, the Vikes were just trying to get any kind of value, so I think is was a very real possibility for TB to get the spot. A #1 RB who can do it all...anh, not a horrible trade.

No need to explain, just wait for him to take his place in the long list of running back busts.

So you have no reason, just think it'll happen because it has before. Dude is the best RB prospect I can remember since Peterson.

As far as the trade being the worst ever, nope. It's just the price of getting their guy. I am sure they weren't the only one who wanted to trade up and Minny were getting other calls. They needed to move up to get their guy in Richardson.

It's funny that there's people like NCstoner who hate players for no reason.

I mean, look at his post. He literally has no reason for talking bad about Richardson.

He is an average player. It does not matter to what detail that I give my explanation, people like you will not accept what I say unless I agree with you.

Archived